User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The ClickFusion Academy 2017

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried to check out and clicked the "Submit and Check Out" button, but the page just reloaded and I don't have access. What happened? Should I try again?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried again and it worked, hopefully it didn't charge the first time.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hey Advaith,

I can confirm it didn't charge twice. I checked the logs and the first attempt was rejected due to being unable to verify billing address. Second attempt did and was successful.

Cheers,
    Danny
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Danny,

I'd like to become a Premium Member, but I'd need to pay with PayPal. I've already sent an email to the support email adress, but didn't get a response so far. (I wanna start using clickteam so bad!! )
    Can you help me out there, pelase? Also: Is the discount still available and does it count for PayPal as well?

Cheers and thanks in advance,
    Burian

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Burian,

Dropped you a PM

Thanks,
    Danny
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Danny,

are your udemy videos also available on the academy? Especially the full 3-hour platformer video, or are they udemy only?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are separate. The academy hasnt really been updated in a while.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously what's the deal with the academy?
    Is it worth it?

I created a free account at the academy, but the website is a little hard to navigate, things seem spread out everywhere.

Up top of the page you have the "free tutorials" section with 18 free tutorials but then in the "HUB" under free members you only have 5 tutorials (which are different than the one above)

And you can't even see what kind of plus/Pro membership tutorials you'd get by subscribing.

Also no where on the site (well at least that I could see) does it mention that for the Plus membership you need to become a patreon... (also what's different from the pro membership?)

When you click on "join the academy" it takes you to another page where it only shows you "Free account" and "Pro Membership".

Above that are some quotes from some peoples that I guess payed for the academy but 2 of them have membership that doesn't even exist, "gold" and "silver".

Everything seems a bit fishy, I don't know I'd like to know a lot more about the stuff I'd get if paying for the memberships, especialy considering the price. (yeah I know about the 50% off deal)

Also the FAQ section doesn't work, clicking on the questions doesn't do anything.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM Danny and he will be happy to help you understand everything. I have been with them since inception and have almost always have experienced positive things. Danny has always written me when I needed help.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that the Academy website is confusing. I'm a lifetime member (it carried over over of the previous FusionRAD) but every time I visit it I get discouraged by the chaotic nature of the website and end up leaving. It feels over-designed and under-planned.

Sorry to be blunt, and I certainly don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but that's been my honest experience. I was a web designer in my previous career, so maybe I'm more fussy about this stuff, but I think I mainly come at this from a regular user perspective.

it seems like every section of the website has a totally different design philosophy and information architecture: huge blue buttons in a full-width section on one page, a left-aligned list of links on another, a huge long-scrolling page with large subsections on yet another. 3 columns here, 2 columns here, 4 columns there, and almost all buttons and thumbs are way too big for comfort on a PC monitor.

It also feels like the website just keeps yelling at me to sign up. Huge "learn more" buttons marketing stuff is all over the place, while I have to hunt around to even find the "Hub" and "login" pages, which don't appear on the nav except in a small drop-down hidden within another small drop-down. And why does the navbar display not one but two versions of "Join the Academy", including a huge bright blue one, even when I'm signed in?

On the hub, why are the buttons for secondary stuff like forums and podcast absolutely gigantic, while the buttons for the core content - the tutorials - are tiny, buried at the bottom, and poorly labelled so it's not even obvious that they take you to tutorials?

And while the "Pro Members" button is tiny, clicking on it takes you to a section with thumbnails so gigantic that it can barely fit 6 of them on a 2560x1440 monitor. To see them all, I have to scroll and scroll, through near-identical thumbs of a hugely blurred picture of a classroom that don't even show you the name of the content unless you individually hover over every single one!

Sorry, but the Academy is just tiring to navigate, confusing to understand, and I'm sure you'll get more business if you put more time into streamlining the UX by putting yourself in the customer's shoes and trimming the fat that's currently in their way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast