User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Object collision event is not working

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    RamboTheHedgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Unhappy Object collision event is not working

    Greetings. I was working on a very small platformer.
    MFA file (size is 1.13 MB and won't let me upload, sorry T_T)
    I wanted to make my player collect the key, making the key disappear and enabling a door, and when the player touch it, the application skips to the next frame.
    The collision event with the key works very well, and the door appears with no problem. But when the player touches the door nothing happens.
    I tried almost everything but nothing happened .
    Can someone help me?

  2. #2
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Sumo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    642
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Object collision event is not working

    I'm at work so I can't check the file now, but just wondering is the door on the same layer as the player? If they're on different layers collision won't occur.

    When you enable the door, are you creating the object? If you are, check the properties when you create it because it will default to layer 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Wodjanoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    650
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changes for line 17:
    Test for obstacle overlap
    your collision event

    For the Group "Fall" you can use another event, because "leaves the play area on the bottom" doesn't work well together with PMO player object:
    Compare two general values: Y Top( "player" ) >= Frame Height - Frame Height + Frame Height

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    RamboTheHedgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
    I'm at work so I can't check the file now, but just wondering is the door on the same layer as the player? If they're on different layers collision won't occur.

    When you enable the door, are you creating the object? If you are, check the properties when you create it because it will default to layer 1.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The door is in the same layer as the player sprite and object

  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    RamboTheHedgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wodjanoi View Post
    Changes for line 17:
    Test for obstacle overlap
    your collision event

    For the Group "Fall" you can use another event, because "leaves the play area on the bottom" doesn't work well together with PMO player object:
    Compare two general values: Y Top( "player" ) >= Frame Height - Frame Height + Frame Height
    Hey, I tried the changes on line 17 but the event still doesn't trigger.

    However the general value thingy works flawlessly.

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Wodjanoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    650
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you check this once more? Maybe you did some changes?
    Download your example from the first post, change line 17(the event you have here is "Collision between door and black player object") and add the PMO event "Test for obstacle overlap".

    Line 17
    (PMO) Test for obstacle overlap
    Collision between 'Active 3' and 'door'
    - Jump to frame 3

  7. #7
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    RamboTheHedgie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wodjanoi View Post
    Can you check this once more? Maybe you did some changes?
    Download your example from the first post, change line 17(the event you have here is "Collision between door and black player object") and add the PMO event "Test for obstacle overlap".

    Line 17
    (PMO) Test for obstacle overlap
    Collision between 'Active 3' and 'door'
    - Jump to frame 3
    Hey, I've managed to fix them up. I messed up the properties somehow but now it works flawlessly. Thank you ^^

Similar Threads

  1. "Object A is not overlapping Object B" event not working correctly.
    By animdude in forum iOS Export Module 2.5
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 2nd February 2018, 06:20 PM
  2. Collision Event
    By Wodjanoi in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 9th April 2016, 07:51 AM
  3. Flashlight direction and collision event
    By Lukiester in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 27th August 2014, 05:53 PM
  4. Problem with Collision-Event
    By Sandro in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23rd April 2011, 08:00 AM
  5. Collision with backdrop not working
    By timcclayton in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 14th December 2010, 08:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •