User Tag List

Thread: "Select which game to load" when saving to google cloud

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Select which game to load" when saving to google cloud

Hi,
    I'm having this little annoying problem when I'm using the same account on different devices on saving to Google Cloud :

A black screen with "Select which game to load" appears and give me the choice between two savegame to load.

What's strange is that it happen only when I'm saving for the first time on the device.
    So I'm not trying to load a save game.

My "save Snapshop" event is always limited by a "one action when event loop"
    My savegame name is always the same. Only time differs.

It happen only the first time. It never shows after, on any device with the same account.

Do anybody know why this is happening ?
    And do someone know how to fix it ?

Thanks.

Screenshot_2017-07-12.png

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem too at some point. It tends to happen when you use two different devices with the same google user, and you save your game at the same time on both of them. It does not always happen, but if you try to repeat this process multiple times, the chances increase. By the same process I mean having both devices ready, and saving the game at the same time on each of them. From what I can remember, my problem was especially visible when I was making two different saves in the same frame, at a relatively short time interval one after the other. Doing this on two different devices almost always triggered that annoying snapshot screen. After I made it so that the two saves were done in different frames, I managed to minimize the occurrences of this screen.

Try to see if you can reproduce it by saving from two different devices at the exact same time, multiple times in a row. If you can, then you might want to check if you don't somehow also have two saves that get saved at short times one after the other like I did. If you don't, then at least it's not a very serious problem.

I think the snapshot message might be a Google thing and not a Clickteam thing, but I might be mistaken.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'll try your method to see if it produce the same results.

For the snapshot message, my guess is that it is a clickteam thing because my devices language setup is french. I think it will be weird to have a message in english in that case ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    this message comes from a list of string inside the runtime, but the key here is that you are having a conflict in the saving cloud, or you are using the same tester in two different devices, which is detected when downloaded.

but this dialog should not appear in regular basis, unless you have a crash in cloud or a missing snapshot.

I will try to add basic translation in next version.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I tested what Nemeean_lion said and I did not encounter the problem.
    Strangely, If I desynchronize saved time, ie: 7:01 PM on the first one and 7:08 PM on the second, I can't even see the latest saved game on the first device.
    I had to restart the device so I can see it !

It seem to only happen on installation (not on update).

And of course, only if same google account used. You're certainly right about the regular basis.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any chance that the problem described in this old thread could be solved in some way? I've had a few users complain recently that they are getting these messages constantly every single time when the snapshot with that name needs to be saved to cloud. Here is a screenshot that one of them gave me: https://i.redd.it/4540medfpyq31.jpg

If this is due to a crash in the cloud, is there any way to avoid it? Can I at least detect if a snapshot name becomes unusable so that I can save the same data in a different one? The way Clickteam Fusion is programmed right now, it seems that if there is a crash in the cloud, that snapshot becomes completely unusable and there is no way to avoid seeing these endless messages every time you use the cloud function.