User Tag List

Thread: Does PMO (Platform Movement Object) supports bullet pixel-perfect collision ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Does PMO (Platform Movement Object) supports bullet pixel-perfect collision ?

Hello, in my game the player will receive an power-up like the star from Mario or invincibility from Sonic. During that time, the player will advance very very fast. I want to know if PMO supports pixel-perfect collision (like here https://community.clickteam.com/thre...on-for-bullets)

The game is an infinity runner where the player stays in place and the world moves. The only function of PMO that I use is "Jump".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can code whatever you want.
    The PMO will only effect the PMO objects(Set object).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If something is so fast and you want to be sure that its collision will be perfect, use fast loops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was asking wrong the question. The question was: Is PMO automatically checking collisions like the fastloop bullet method, or I still have to implement the fastloop.

And if I have to implement the fastloop for PMO, based of what values do I have to repeat the loop ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... I really think no. PMO isn't automatically checking like a fastloop. The main difference is that a fastloop checks it a lot faster than a normal event and can do it more than one time for each normal loop.

Depends what you want to do, lets say that you want to kill the player if it touches an object and this object is traveling to the left. Lets say that it normally would move 100 pixels by frame. Instead of setting it to Always set position of object to "X (object) -100", create a fast loop that moves it only 1 pixel by loop, and set the loop to run 100 times by frame. Inside the same loop you will check if the the player is overlapping the object and if yes, kill it.

Now if you only want to check if its colliding against an wall and it only will be needed on fast speed mode, use an flag, if the flag is ON, always run a fastloop for the amount of times you feel necessary while inside the loop you will put your collision check.

fastloops are like normal events, but it can happen more times in a normal loop than another events. Each time a fastloop run, it will repeat what is inside of it for the amount of times you set it (unless you use a condition to "end loop" prematurely, like lets say, its not overlapping an obstacle anymore, so no need to shove the player more 90 pixels to the left lol)

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PMO is only there to move your objects the pixels you set. You have to code everything else, in your case you have to check for when it stands on ground and collides with other obstacles. As someone said above use a fast loop that's always triggering for precision