User Tag List

Thread: Ghost Code - Can't find an event

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ghost Code - Can't find an event

Hey guys, has anyone ever experienced ghost code on Fusion 2.5?

I can't find an Active Object or its events, but I know they used to be my Global Events?
    The Active object still works when I click it and is visible on the screen.

Madness because I can't edit it anymore??

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean you can't find it but you can see it and click on it? That's confusing. Where can you see it, and where can't you?

And are you saying it used to be referenced in your global events but now isn't?

What about in the side panel of the frame editor (the one that shows a list of all objects) - can you see it there?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps the code is in the behaviour of the active, which can be located in the properties / events tab. Hope that helps.

Another method for tracking events is to goto the Event Editor and click on the active in question to see what events it is used for.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already had disapearing objects, corrupted objects, unselectable object and objects that turn "badObject" (just like today!).
    That is just speaking of objects.

So I'm not surprised, even if it is mainly the opposit result (present but not working) that I got.

So now, I do a lot (a lot! like > 10) of backups as well as configuring 2 autosaves in general settings of Fusion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra - This object I wanted to edit is nowhere in the objects menu, it's also nowhere in my code but it's still active.

@aenever - Cheers for the info buddy, but I can't check it with your method because it's like it never existed. But it's still there in the game.

@Nadapp - Yeah I do that as well mate. But glad i'm not the only one. Thought I was going mad for a second.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's nowhere in the frame either? What do you mean it's still active? It moves around and plays animations? Or it just sits there statically in some part of the game at runtime?

It might help, or at least be interesting, to strip away everything else from the mfa and see if the phantom object remains. See if you can get it all the way to an empty mfa with one phantom object that still appears at runtime. My guess is that it'll disappear or break at some point as you strip things away. You might learn the source of the problem in the process. Or if it's still there at the end, you can upload the mfa to the bugbox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    And it's nowhere in the frame either? What do you mean it's still active? It moves around and plays animations? Or it just sits there statically in some part of the game at runtime?

It might help, or at least be interesting, to strip away everything else from the mfa and see if the phantom object remains. See if you can get it all the way to an empty mfa with one phantom object that still appears at runtime. My guess is that it'll disappear or break at some point as you strip things away. You might learn the source of the problem in the process. Or if it's still there at the end, you can upload the mfa to the bugbox.
    Hey that's a very interesting idea, I will make a video of this of what you just said and post it here as an unlisted video so we can all see. I'll do this tomorrow.

EDIT: I haven't has time to make the video, but I have just programmed around this Ghost in my code and it's worked out ok. So i'm just going to leave it as that. .