Thread: Enemy Gravity Collision Problem

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enemy Gravity Collision Problem

Hello!

I am starting a platformer and was having trouble with collision detection for enemies when applying accelerating gravity. I know how to do it with a player (single-object) and fastloops but when trying to make events that would work for groups of objects (many enemies) I can't check precisely, rather only after each movement, causing objects to detect a collision once they're already inside the ground. I attached a picture of my code (it's pretty straight forward I think).

Please let me know what you think and what I'm missing.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick thought but what happens if you move the collision check loop part to the top so it's checked first?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the code I had, it behaved almost the same, but resulting in a "bouncing" effect of 1 pixel while the object tried to fall but then bounced back up above the ground or something odd like that.

After a good night of sleep I started from scratch, used some flags and nested loops and had a "checker" object loop under each enemy and I got it to work exactly how I wanted it to. I don't know 100% what I did differently (probably just programmed it correctly this time lol) but sleeping on it works! Thanks for the reply!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you please show an example of how you fixed it? It may prove useful to other having a similar issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon18 View Post
    With the code I had, it behaved almost the same, but resulting in a "bouncing" effect of 1 pixel while the object tried to fall but then bounced back up above the ground or something odd like that.

After a good night of sleep I started from scratch, used some flags and nested loops and had a "checker" object loop under each enemy and I got it to work exactly how I wanted it to. I don't know 100% what I did differently (probably just programmed it correctly this time lol) but sleeping on it works! Thanks for the reply!
    Yea, i know that feeling

Glad you got it working