User Tag List

Thread: Multilanguage extension without Unicode

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Multilanguage extension without Unicode

Heyo,
    How do I get a non-Unicode extension to produce properties have title/info in Unicode format, but expects non-Unicode results?

At the moment, I have an extension whereby the A/C/E menus translate properly, but the rest doesn't. The properties remain unreadable.

Desligar ligação quando desempossado. PODE INTERFERIR COM DEFINIÇÕES GLOBAIS. Por defeito, desliga a ligação se todos os Bluewings empossados forem destruidos.

The source text (an embedded JSON) is UTF-8. Since A/C/E and properties come from the same location, it perturbs me that they're treated differently.

I can't switch the extension to Unicode, as this extension's functionality depends on not using Unicode. Namely, this is Lacewing server, and the Lacewing protocol uses non-unicode text, so I don't want to have to downgrade all the text-based parameters via call to WideCharToMultiByte() in every event.

I'd also like this extension to remain Fusion 2.0 compatible.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
    ~Phi
    Attached thumbnails Attached thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ShareX_2017-07-17_16-36-34.png‎ 
Views:	221 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	23459  

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The text in your json file is UTF8.

Non-Unicode extensions send text using the current user language to Fusion, not UTF8.

If you look at the source code of EDIF, it converts ACE's from CP_UTF8 to CP_ACP in ConvertString & ConvertAndCopyString.

Probably it doesn't do it for properties.

Not sure where are stored your properties, just make sure their text is in multi-byte format and uses the character set you need, not UTF8 (or if you want you can also manually build the property array in GetProperties and convert your UTF8 strings to CP_ACP like EDIF does in ConvertString).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, I modified the DarkEDIF SDK to run the converts. It's a bit iffy, since it internally calls the GET_STRING_SPACE_EX function and not freed later, but since the properties are re-used, and not ever used in edittime/runtime, that shouldn't matter much.

That code is live in Bluewing Server b6, fwiw.