Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When I insert an active object the game crashes

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I insert an active object the game crashes

Hi, everyone! Love Fusion, I'm SUPER excited to be creating with it, best part of my day!

Working on a game for about a month and so far it's been great, I have 3-4 enemies and a main character that runs around and shoots a weapon, enemies and player have health, have counters for scoring points, etc — nothing too complicated. Everything has been going fine until this past weekend — whenever I go to insert an active object, say a plain box or whatever, and run the game, it crashes. I delete the active object and the game runs okay again. I spent at least an hour trying different things to see if I could pinpoint the issue (for example, adding a backdrop seems to be fine), but I got nowhere. Would anyone be willing to give me some advice? I can provide more info if needed. I'm new at this so be gentle LOL. Maybe there's a log file to see where Fusion hits a wall? I don't know what you guys do in these circumstances.

Thanks in advance : )

* NOTE: I should add that even when I just Insert Active Object without going into Event Editor to add a command causes the issue... it's like the object just "being there" causes the crash which is strange to me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get this error message:
    “edrt.exe has stopped working”

if that helps..?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The edrt error usually happens when there's a problem with your events. Try reproducing it in another MFA to find the source. There's probably one event line that's causing the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So there's nothing unusual about this object? Like, it's not 10000x5000 pixels or anything?

What happens if you copy/paste the object into a brand new empty MFA - does it still crash?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I got the file in an email but I can't reproduce it here -- Asked user to update to the latest build and see if that helps.
    He is using an older build.

Its an odd problem if the file was corrupted you would think I would get the crash also on the file.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Version and Built number are you using?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Full version. I updated to 289.3 and same issue, no difference.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it's literally a placed active object, just the default box with the diamond shape. If I copy > paste the active object in a new file, it's fine.

I wonder if I'm going to have to create a new build and copy > paste everything into the new build? God I hope not.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm grasping at straws here, but two questions:

Can you build as an exe and if so, does it crash when you run the exe?

Is your firewall/antivirus software blocking edrt.exe for any reason? I've never heard of this, but again, just grasping at straws at whatever comes to mind.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open a Bug report and mark it private with the MFA file. Clickteam might be able to fix the issue for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast