User Tag List

Thread: MP4 Compatibility and Active Direct Show Ojbect

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MP4 Compatibility and Active Direct Show Ojbect

Hello all,

I desperately need some help with this one.

We use .mp4 videos as cutscenes in our game using the Active Direct Show Object and if you have the codecs/LAV filters installed they work just fine. The issue is that they aren't playing for all users on any Windows system which I thought had .mp4 codecs installed out of the gate. I know that .mp4 format is a wrapper for the codecs you use to render the video, so I'm hoping to find a way to maximize compatibility where players don't have to use the included LAV Filters installer. If anyone knows of a solution it would be greatly appreciated!

We included a redistributable LAV Filter installer which works perfectly, but users refuse to install it. I could launch it separately but they would still need to go through the prompts. Help please!

Thank you all in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topics of video I've been looking into since, like, 15 years or so.. I've read a lot of topics.. some years ago people were talking about crowdfunding an extension to play Theora OGV video but never happened. As far as I know, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong.. the best/safest way to put a video into a Fusion game is to use WMV, a codec that comes with windows since I don't know, windows XP maybe... Anything other than that you'll have to ask the user to install codec as you know, and this is a bumpy ride as not everyone wants to install codecs. If I was to point out one single thing that CF2 is lacking, it would be support for an open source video codec such as OGV.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried wmv as well as avi, however, the videos stutter in Fusion. I've rendered videos at 60fps, 30fps and even set Fusions frame rate accordingly and they still stutter in both avi and wmv format.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried just the direct show object? As far as I've tested, non full screen videos don't work very well...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only used the Active Direct Show object (not the older Direct Show object) as I need to be able to layer a "Skip Cutscene" command on top of the video.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE: I swear I don't know what the difference is because encoding is a little over my head (I only have a basic understanding) but rendering the .wmv videos through Adobe Premiere works. I can't recall if I rendered them in Premiere before or via another method, I may have even tried to convert an .mp4 to .wmv, which is dumb, but I can't say for sure. Anyway, .wmv works great now.