Thread: String in INI files with key blocking

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

String in INI files with key blocking

Hi There

I want an ini file to store info from text file in real time, as it'[s being edited. What is the best way to block the "[" key? (or any other key? ControlX doesn't seem to work with an edit box.

Is there perhaps a way I could convert the sting into something like hex ( so I don't have to worry about blocking the key) and reconverting the string when loaded back from the INI file? I guess I could the String Parser but I wondered if there a quicker way?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe make a scope of what letter the player hit ? So use a text rich objet and select the last letter and if it is "[", modify the letter by "". hope it help you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by arthurh View Post
    Maybe make a scope of what letter the player hit ? So use a text rich object and select the last letter and if it is "[", modify the letter by "". hope it help you.
    Thanks for your reply. I've already got a similar system working - where the last letter is read after every input - but I'm hoping for a more efficient way. Also the way I'm doing is only checking the last letter of the paragraph, so I'll need something else.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd use the rich text object as that has more substring functionality. Then when length of text in rich text object change start loop 1 time to check previous character entered. Then in that loop add a condition where mid$(richtexttext, current career position, 1) is equal to "[" set rich text text to left$(richtexttext, carret position -1)+right$(richtexttext, len(richtexttext)-carret position) that wont block the [ key but will remove a [ after it has been entered. You may need to save the carret position and set it after updating the text so that the carret remains in place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I found a way using the Substring Replace object with autoreplace. Very hopeful result.