User Tag List

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ahahah thanks casleziro and Caesar, *cough* I'm definitely not used to that,
    my biggest surprise was seeing Youtube automatic captions actually understanding what I was saying
    (that's an impressive piece of software intelligence)

@ casleziro: the Lizard Kingdom is located in a secret spot across the middle longitude of Europe

@ Caesar: thanks, it was a bit rough and rushed overview in fact..
    I'm not really a tutorial-guy and it takes me at least twice the time regular people do,
    but hope to do more in the future, perhaps on specific features of the engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    accent caught me by surprise to, i was expecting sum sort of ethereal reptilian sounding voice

nice to know that the great lizard king schrodinger is one of us & that his genius is actually obtainable by mere mortals (unless he's fooled us all, maybe the voice we heard was an..."impressive piece of software intelligence" )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

argh you got me - I've used Fusion (with some arrays of course) to sample and playback a random guy who couldn't speak english very well!

I'm actually a reptilian so my voice sounds a bit metallic and crappily '80s echoed (you know, like Visitors)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i thought sumthin was a bit off

now had u used fusion 3, it wud hav been completely unspotable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi! Its BenTheDragon again! And man has your stuff been incredibly wowing me! I can't wait to see the new updates to P3D, if there is a place where I can donate to you, I would love to toss in abit more cash! I am even recommending your engine to my friends!

In the meantime, I do want to do some basic requests and things:
    Can you make a video of you building a building the way you normally do? I would love to see your steps into constructing your buildings! it doesn't even need to be a tutorial, rather just build whatever you like!
    And the next request, I want to see you build more terrain, to see if you can scale much higher or lower than before. Maybe even make a tunnel maybe?? These are just suggestions anyway and I would love to see your new stuff come out faster.

And I have a question regarding 'hills' in P3D version 2, I was following a past tutorial of yours when you worked on P3D Version 1.2 and I see that there are a ton of assets to make hills and things, however when I tried to follow using version 2.0, I couldn't find the basic assets!

I am currently reading your manual, but I am having abit of difficulty reading it.. not because the instructions are clear, but my eyes wander most of the time when I didn't find what I was looking for sometimes.. Is there a different method to building hills that I've missed? Of course I will keep reading until I find it of course!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi Ben! That's super kind of you, I really appreciate your words and support, thanks!

Most of the buildings in the examples I made were just simple textured "cuboids"
    (save for a couple things like an internal balcony or protruding columns in the Zombie City example)
    but of course more advanced constructions are possible, and I agree some focused tutorial would be interesting,
    I'll put it in the (hope-)to-do list
    I'm sorry I generally tend to focus more into coding new stuff and less into tutorials,
    and I really understand there's shortage of information,
    more video tutorials would be surely very, very useful
    (..in fact again I'm mainly focusing on the new update now... )

And since the new 2.1 update will introduce the new shapes talked some posts ago,
    (and other awesome things)
    soon it would be a good time for a new tutorial.

Regarding the assets included in previous P3D 1.2 version,
    you likely talk about the "sample objects" frame where I had placed, among other things, many "hill" pieces?
    Yeah I decided to remove that frame because you could already borrow those pieces (and more) from the examples you liked most,
    so the hill pieces i.e. are still available in the castle example, in the monster-kart example, in the snowland example,
    and in the 3D platform example, and in the latter, differently from other examples, triangular pieces are made with the "triangle" shader, so they are visually a bit sharper.

You can make your own slope pieces of course: take a plane (a 3D object with shape="" -empty-) and set its X or Y angle to reach the steepness you need.
    For triangular pieces you could have a fitting texture (>> a triangle drawn on a rectangular texture) or use the "triangle" shape,
    and then orient it the way you need with angles or with "custom" offsets, that's a bit more advanced and explained in the manual.

I understand how the manual, now 100 pages and more, can be a bit dispersive, and finding what you need might be difficult at times.
    I'd need to review it a bit and probably simplify or rearrange some chapter, but you know, I'm one man, and trying to fit everything in decent release times

If any further question, or if you need further insight on what I've written above, no worries and feel free to ask!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to help focus more time on the coding, by all means!

Once I have this thing memorized and fully understood, I will maybe even pitch in my own tutorials to help make things. I just can't wait to mess around with this kind of stuff! I feel like making a discord channel purely for helping other people with P3D could be arranged.. who knows for now! But for sure do I want to make all kinds of games with this engine.

Good luck, Schrodinger!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow, upon studying this thing.. I went into the example files and just viewed at each piece of terrain.
    And then it clicked and now I understand evveerryyythiiiinnnnng about the cubes anyway.

I think since there isn't much tutorials out there, I will write myself a script and make my own tutorials for you! Once I completely understand this engine, things will be more awesome.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad you found what you needed

Awesome, sure it would be great seeing user-made P3D tutorials,
    and I'd try my best to support you if any question!

New shapes are soon to come and they will be even more user friendly and flexible,
    I've completed optimizing and feature-fitting all the new shaders (there will be 7 more in this release, for a total of 12, and possibly additional ones in the future)
    they all work great but unfortunately they will come with limited "light" support, due to shader constants limitations.

Not a big deal I'd say, as "spotlights" were anyway of limited use (max. 1 x polygon, mainly due to the lack of multipass support),
    but the new shapes are very handy, good looking and well performant,
    my goal is publishing within a couple weeks, hope I'll find time enough for everything!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allright then, I want to ask my first programming question.. may not be directly related to P3D itself, but I want to make a 3RD person control scheme that works a ton like any 3D mario game, can I get a guide or something that can help me out with this?
    Will be willing to work with other people on this mini physics project along with my city building! I am also still abit of an amateur programmer, so please bear with me!

Oh yeah! I have one question relating to textures: The tree textures are always facing the camera, right? I want to make it so when looking in vertical angles, it doesn't 'flop' on down when you look up. Can you somehow make it so the vertical angle never changes while the horizontal angle always face the player? https://gyazo.com/cedac50b1278cb1208c0d980369fb203
    Behold my tests!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast