User Tag List

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cool project!

Mario 3D controls: my last Mario was some Yoshi's island on the SNES so I completely missed Mario 3D adventures, I'm not aware on how control schemes worked for that, though I would guess it's something similar to:
    - P3D "follow" camera + "firstperson" object type for the player
    - P3D "look-at" camera or "isometric camera" + "8directions" object type for the player
    You can customize cameras position/distance/angulation/height etc and check out "Medieval Keep" example to see (somewhere at the bottom of event sheet) how to take advantage of the "automatic slope detection" feature to make the camera inherit terrain angulation.
    Don't know what else you might need so if you have specific requirements for the movement or camera let me know!

On the "textures" question, I'm not sure I understand: you mean the "sprite" shouldn't "squeeze" down a bit when you look up, or is it the buildings "textures" that you'd like to behave differently?
    As for sprites (moving or static), you can enable or disable the "Cardboard" effect by adding/removing "C" character in the P3D_engine object "multi_options" string.
    With effect enabled, sprites will look a bit like cardboard pieces, so i.e. if you "fly" over them and look down, they will become thin like a piece of paper,
    with effect disabled, they will always look the same from any angulation (no squeezing/flipping).
    If you want, you can have up to 32 directions for animations, directly from the animation editor for the sprite, the correct face will be automatically picked depending on where your camera is looking the sprite from, and the sprite's orientation itself (consider "bottom" direction in the animation editor is FRONT face of the sprite)
    or you can have up to 360 directions by using animation frames and setting the appropriate value (to the number of frames you want to use), but only for "static" sprites currently.

Don't know if this answers some of your questions, if you need other details just drop a line

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out my coolnew building! Yay

Is there a way to 'flatten' a shape from any direction? Cuz I want to get a certain angle on my roof and the only way I can do that is by making a 9 sided object and the next thing I need to do now to cover up the empty hole in the roof is to eye a texture.. which is quite abit of work and all for just a cap on the roof. Otherwise, here is my first actual building! YAYY Showing off a couple of images of my WIP:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8d6jze7bum...12.58.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovtymwwgzb...13.09.png?dl=0

And I got a question regarding mouse controls!
    Here you've mentioned earlier in this thread:
    If the first one, there's an "advanced mouse lookaround" code nested inside the engine, you can unlock it by adding the "mouse object" extension to your project,
    and going inside "custom movements - movement types and options - mouse lookaround" groups (and follow instructions inside)
    Of course if any doubt let me know!
    So i followed intructions until I got stuck at this part.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxgra7yrz1...32.01.png?dl=0

I am not actually sure how to 'activate' the mouse controls, I've followed instructions and placed code where it belongs and all. But then it occured to me that I don't really know how to even change control schemes.. whoops! I even download the mouse object and everything, but I am still a novice programmer.. Dang!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hey Ben!
    that's a very nice buiding

if you can come away with a slightly higher roof,
    I would suggest you try
    shape= 3TB
    will create a triangular prism with top and bottom face
    you can then just set its X_angle to 90 to rotate it and make it an horizontal roof

you can see the same solution used for the roof in the little house at the beginning (right after the moving platform) of the Medieval Keep example

but if you want a specific angulation,
    you can also just create two single "planes"
    shape= (empty)
    and then change their X or Y angle to find the orientation you need

for the "vertical" roof hole part you can use:
    shape=1triangle
    will create a vertical isosceles triangle
    whose height = height of the texture
    (so just make the texture as high as the difference between the top of the roof and the top of the building walls)

For the mouse lookaround,
    if you already added the code written in that picture's comment,
    you just need to deactivate the "basic mouse lookaround" group (right click the group and "inactivate")
    and then just append the word "mouse" for any physical object's object_type in which you want to use mouse lookaround

i.e.
    object_type= firstperson_mouse

if any issue let me know!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Time for an update on the update

New shapes are well set with everything they needed, including "fine" collisions, rotations and even pivot points,
    I'm quite happy with them because they are very easy to use, really feel 100% friendly in the way I wanted P3D to be from the beginning.

Here's a little extract from the manual if you are interested on more details on how shapes will work:

P3D_shapes_extract.pdf

The only drawback is they require more calculations on the shader, and so I could only fit limited features for them due to constants limitations.
    Each of them has different features, so I've been cleaning up things to make it as clear as possible (for me too ),
    and made a chart so one can tell exactly what to expect, and how and when to use a shape over faces:

I think the bigger letdown is global light missing on cubemapped boxes, so if you want global light effects on those, you'd have to change its animations.
    "Spotlights" (glowing objects) have always been a take-or-leave feature as there can't be more than one per single 3D entity (without multipass) so I think that's not a very important limit.
    P3D has never been much about realistic light effects (not having shadow casting) so I favored the "fogging" effect over light whenever I had to choose.
    In case, I could make custom versions without fogging and with extra lighting features upon request.
    And anyway, of course you keep using faces whenever there's additional light features need.

As you can notice a jokey lizard covered a couple things up there, part of the very cool news I've been keeping under cover so far,
    but you can get some little hint...
    I thought these news could also benefit from an additional external tool for users have easier way dealing with it,
    and feeding data to P3D, so I've been working on that as well, but I'll probably complete and make it available after the update release
    (crossing fingers next week..)

I'll be tinkering with some examples so some little screenshot or video might come later.

Thanks for your interest

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [hype intensifies]

I saw the X, Y and Z dimension values added there in the manual, too

Can't wait for the update!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wait til you see what's hiding under the lizard - trust me, you're going to be impressed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, this all sounds very exciting! I can't wait to see what you've been cooking up for it.

Seriously, this engine is basically a technical marvel, it's impressive that it can exist at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Job man! Could I suggest you to release a Doom/Hexen like example. There's a lot of people that are still working on those titles and I think it would help you to promote your "engine".

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

And thanks Muddymole once again for your invaluable contribution to P3D,
    this time we joined forces to bring these new features to life!

I totally agree Crian, I've thought of that at times, but delayed this and other examples I would have really liked to do.
    Hope I'll find some time after releasing this new update.

So to let you test first-hand instead of cooking some video, I've made up a little "test" demo,
    sadly I've been busy with other things today and it's been put up very quickly so don't expect anything mindblowing..
    just a little showcase of the new shapes (99% of polygons in are the new "Implicit Surfaces",
    save for the hex tower and the big water texture at floor)
    and some of the new things you can do with them:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj20c6d3qm...eta_6.exe?dl=0

Would be glad if anyone willing to try it could tell me how it goes on his machine
    and if there's anything particularly odd happening,
    like graphic cards exploding or anything I couldn't foresee
    (hope I've not overlooked some texture dimension not in power of 2...)

I've noticed some little bug myself (some shape disappearing when looked from very specific positions)
    so I'm going to fix that asap.

Aaand... if you have good eye and are skilled enough,
    you can finally get some glimpse of the first "hidden new feature" inside!

I borrowed some CC-BY texture around the web to make it quick,
    credit is due to "The Chayed KIIRA", "booscaster".

Usual P3D movements: move with arrow keys, jump with shift

More cool things coming next days!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything perfect!
    Intel core i7
    GTX 970
    32GB ram
    Great job. The voxel are a good addition!
    A couple of things:
    - Once I jumped in the inclined cylindrical tube and I got stuck inside it.
    - In third person when i move, the character doesn't seem smooth, but a little bit bouncy.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast