User Tag List

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback Crian!

eheh you spotted one of the new secret features

Got stuck in the cylinder: collisions with rotated (and rotating) objects are indeed a real pain, but looking into making it more solid as I can
    Third person bouncyness: I still have to add some last minute fix, this one should be cleared by the fix I posted in page 5 of this thread (on a jamesnansen suggestion) so I'll add it within next days!

Btw, this is how the thing should look,
    just in case your graphic card makes strange things:

Forgot to say you can look up/down with E/Q and rotate left/right with A/D
    (again, usual "debug" keys in most P3D examples..)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my goodness! I'm gob-smacked. Fantastic improvements matey. And that tunnel. Love it. Can't wait play around with this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot Caesar!
    Pushing forward to release it asap
    I'll probably cut a bit on the new examples to eventually release them later stand-alone, so I can accelerate the release.

I've been promptly warned by casleziro about another issue with his graphic card,
    but luckily this time we've been able to tackle it quick!
    For anyone making shaders,
    it is a good idea avoiding nested conditionals:

if (something)
    { if (something)
    { do... }
    else
    { do... }
    }

it seems some graphic cards don't like it!

So I've updated the downloadable example without nested conditionals,
    reposting link of the "tech demo" in the new thread page:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yj20c6d3qm...eta_6.exe?dl=0

arrow keys to move
    shift jumps
    Q/E look up and down
    A/D rotate view

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

New feature - triangle meshes

Promise: this is the last feature I'm adding before publishing this update

One thing I missed from P3D1.x versions was the ability to specify custom vertices for quads,
    this of course could result in "wrong" geometries, because quads don't univocally describe a plane and you had to be careful,
    and P3D was not able to deal with non-plane objects (and non-plane quads often describe curved surfaces, which are generally quite difficult to handle)
    but yet it was a nice feature and you could do creative things.

...so I thought, why not adding "free-form" triangles, since any triangle univocally describe a plane?
    I had dismissed triangles up to now because a bit expensive in terms of object count (1 quad=2 triangles),
    and they are a bit more difficult to raytrace and texture efficiently,
    but recently had a nice idea to handle them quick and simply enough,
    there is a bit of pre-setup done by the engine, but then the shader is super-short
    (if anyone is interested in the logic/geometry of this idea I can further detail these geeky "behind the scenes" )

So here they are, differently from other shapes, which demand for XYZ origin + XYZ dimension (and optionally angle)
    with triangle-meshes you'll be able to specify any three vertices, and also change them in runtime
    and change animations, texture ratios etc. etc. as with other shapes

(some gaps are because I still have to properly define the bounding box for projection, won't happen in final version,
    shading exaggerated to show triangles, and sorry for the messy test area...)

I think this new version will ship with a total of about 18 shaders,
    btw, minor thing, I've also added a "skydome" feature,
    in case you want to do a "skybox" with a sphere,
    easier to make from a single pic
    but a bit difficult to get a spherical texture "right"

To next update (hopefully release )

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice schrodinger

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very promising announcement schrodinger!
    I'm looking forward to P3D 2.1. I test with version 2.0 for my project and think will start it with 2.1 although there are update instructions.

One question.
    I have used the platformer sample for testing purposes and i have removed most of the objects until player_sprite and lookat_camera.
    Now the frame is in nightview-mode although there is no "N" set in the engine settings.

Does a global light have to be set somewhere or FLAG ON?

Greetings Chily.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks pradeep!

@ Chily: thanks
    I agree, you better wait for 2.1 version since it's very near to release, and surely a big enhancement over 2.0

You see all dark - you have removed most level objects from the "map layer", including diamonds, correct?

Could it be one of the "game events" I've put in the example,
    just for purpose of showing how you can play with light:

this basically checks when all red diamonds are collected, and then gradually lowers light intensity

Just try deleting this event and see if it helps!

Then you can customize light parameters in the "camera_tool" object on top-left corner of the projection layer:

(small tip: light_angle can accept values >1000, when values >=1000 are entered,
    thousands will be "pitch angle" while hundreds will be "yaw angle" of the lightsource)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got it working. Thank you schrodinger.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. Any chances you could implement Bullet 3d physics engine? If you let physics engine take care of collisions and move all objects by physical forces (make them rigid bodies), it would be easier than writing potentially buggy collisions yourself. But for that, you probably would need first to integrate Bullet with P3d .

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That would be very cool Darkhog, but I'd say it's very unlikely to happen atm

I didn't check in depth, but I guess studying all docs and finding a way to let it talk with Fusion would require a lot of time and effort (at least, for me).

As of now, P3D provides a solid builtin collision system for all polyhedrons and single faces (against smaller moving objects, such as sprites),
    plus a number of builtin movements, but beside that, the "Physics" it provides is limited to gravity.
    You could code some "fake-but-nice-looking" physic reaction on your own,
    wouldn't be that different from doing it in 2D, with the additional Z coordinate,
    but sure, that would be very hardly as fancy, solid and comprehensive as the system you mentioned.

Fixed those gaps in the video and implemented normals for proper lighting on triangle meshes:

P3D_tri_meshes.jpg

(impressionist background due to some test/reworking I'm making on the cubemap textures for skybox )

crappy gif with moving lightsource angle:

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast