User Tag List

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb P3D 2.0 - out now!

Hello Clickers,
    Lizard King is happy to announce the release of a new version of P3D,
    which boosts its power and use range, so much that we’ re making a big jump from version 1.2 to version 2.0

Get ready for a long post!

For those who don’t know P3D:
    it is a complete suite of events and objects allowing you to create 3D worlds directly in the frame editor, with the same Fusion interface you already know and no additional extensions, nor external assets, since you can build everything from scratch directly with the animation editor. To do so, it uses a pixel shader (now five new shaders specifically designed for P3D) for polygons deformations.
    P3D also includes all the events for movements and collision detection, with this tool you can have the good old “sprite & poly” games like Doom, Hexen, Ultima Underworld, but of course also modern-looking games (up to you and your textures!) or even use it simply for menus, or animated backgrounds, or as a zooming tool, or whatever you can think of. It all happens in its three layers (one for the interface, others the map, and the projection), so you can handle them the way you like more.

Previous P3D 1.x users:
    thank you so much for your support and suggestions!
    These are the previous limitations you were used to that this version completely breaks
    (practically all of the main ones):
    - no more odd warping when near objects, now the engine handles full clipping
    - no more texture sizes limit, you can use textures as big as you want
    - you can place polygons of any size next to polygons of any other size without issues, projection is now 100% perspectively consistent
    - full working depth sorting thanks to the depth buffer, which also allows now to have “piercing” polygons, and a total freedom in placing objects
    - drastically improved performances

But there’s much more to it, so keep reading below while loading all the gifs

Perspectively consistent projection
    As already mentioned, the perspective projection is now true at any rate, this and the depth buffer will allow you complete freedom in placing objects, no more forced “grid” placement, no more limitations!
    See how you can easily have a “Mario Kart” game, in barely 30 seconds:

Depth buffer

No more sorting issues, but not only: you can now have “piercing” polygons, merging one into the other (this allows FAR more freedom in creation and wide new chances of “modeling”) and improved performances thanks to its early rejection of occluded pixels before drawing takes place.

Performance improvement

Having 10x10 = 100 ground tiles to cover a 640x640 area was not really friendly for performance, so having change to put that in just a single object is evidently a big step forward alone. But then, a wide number of optimizations have been made in any department of the engine, to make it much more performant.

Try these two old examples with the new engine and experience the difference:

Castle Example (includes some signs for a brief tour of new features)
    http://www.lizardking.co/P3D/example...le_example.zip
    move with arrow keys, jump with shift, fire with space, switch weapon with enter,
    tilt view with Q/E, rotate view with A/D, fly with “W”
    (flying here is actually “cheating” and just to debug, so you can phase walls above etc.)
    change lighting parameters with 1,2,3,4,5,6
    switch cameras with the selector menu

Monster Kart (was notoriously a slow one on older versions – see now with fully textured ground and twice render depth!)
    http://www.lizardking.co/P3D/example...nster_kart.zip
    accelerate with spacebar, turn with arrow keys, jump with shift, reverse with enter

And of course try these couple new examples too:

Magical Keep
    http://www.lizardking.co/P3D/example...gical_keep.zip
    wait for the moving platform to bring you up to the keep!
    Move with arrow keys, jump with shift

Isometric/Action RPG
    http://www.lizardking.co/P3D/example..._actionRPG.zip
    Move with arrow keys, jump with shift

“Zero Hassle ©” collision detection system
    In P3D 1.x you had to draw a correct top view of your 3D objects in the map layer, because they were acting as a collision mask for real polygons.
    While this mechanic was solid and it’s still been preserved (optionally) for total flexibility,
    it had three main disadvantages:
    1) it couldn’t represent complex situations, like bended polygons you could walk below only at certain heights
    2) it required you to draw fitting collision masks, which was moderately easy for cubes or small complex polyhedrons, but was increasingly difficult for more complex shapes
    3) now with total freedom in object sizes, it would have required you to draw huge actives in the map layer
    … so, here comes the new system, directly calculating collisions against polygons geometries,
    thus not requiring any user intervention, you can have just small object placeholders in the map layer, no need for perfectly sized masks!
    here’s a small gif showing two “virtual” detectors (it’s all math, no actual detector object is used)
    approximating surface relevation for collision detection:

New shapes

Now P3D can create triangles and trapezoids, so there’s a new set of preset shapes you can create (beside the usual “prisms”) like pyramids and flat-top pyramids.
    See pointy roofs below:

Repeating textures
    As much as you can have any size you want and so prepare very big textures, making a large 20000 x 20000 ground plane, or a very tall 15000 x 200 wall isn’t exactly that handy, not completely friendly for memory usage, so here comes “repeating” textures, simply put the keyword “repeat” in “texture_slot” parameter, and scale the object to your likings (with _W_ and _H_ parameters), this will give you large seamless renders as big as you want without having to go crazy.

Per-pixel fogging and lighting
    Thanks to the new system you now have these effects directly applied to single pixels, it means you won’t have “whole” polygons disappearing or being lit, now polygons will be smoothly processed pixel by pixel:

Skybox object
    Gone is the background layer with his a bit static horizon handling, now the Skybox object allows you to have much more impressive settings, that you can freely customize (and even animate if you’re good enough with graphics!), see quick gif below:

Skyboxes can be made out of panoramic pictures also (with some apt software, some even freely available online).
    Here’s a link with some free Skybox resources, much better than the ones I made J
    http://www.custommapmakers.org/skyboxes.php
    (check the license included. You might have to flip top picture, and switch left-right, since it uses a different convention than P3D)

And more and more, I’m likely forgetting something:

- “crop” projection to any portion of the screen (so you can have easy 3D overlays to a 2D game for example)
    - Dynamic Loading Module to handle very large levels (will automatically store your objects into an array and load + create them on need, optimized through a buffer reusing unloaded faces and thanks to a complete rewrite of the creation process which stores all geometries without need to recalculate them)
    - automatic “top face” fitting to easily create top faces of > 4 faced prisms and flat-top pyramids
    - raytraced slope and ground level detection for top precision in soil assessment
    - new keywords for ease of placement of polygons between the map and the “real” world
    - 360 degrees sprites
    - fixed the daunting “Nvidia” bug (thanks Jesse!)
    - ….

This new system opened many doors, and can allow further upgrades and new possibilities,
    I’ll also try to provide more examples and tutorials, if there’s enough user interest.

And of course this is a forum thread so feel free to ask anything,
    and post your P3D creations below

IMPORTANT: P3D 2.0 is currently windows only (makes heavy use of pixel shaders)
    and requires Fusion Standard or Developer build 289.3 or above

Where to get it: http://clickstore.clickteam.com/p3d_3d_framework

Additional content (soon) on: http://p3d.lizardking.co

*** LATEST NEWS ***

For a limited time P3D will be available on “The Reactor” side to side with other great content,
    check it out and consider joining the Clickteam Patreon with exclusive content:
    https://www.patreon.com/Clickteam

Since today The Reactor has its own forum too:
    https://community.clickteam.com/forums/397-The-Reactor

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG wow, I hope it can be ported to Fusion 3 in the future. Many thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has the clickstore download not been updated yet? I purchased it, but the only download available is 1.2.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks aenever!
    Looking forward for the new chances F3 will bring.

Sorry for the issue Shadoku and thank you for purchasing P3D,
    Clickstore downloads of new P3D versions storically take some time to propagate, not the first time..

I'm sure it will be fixed real soon by the clickstore guys, sorry again

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do I upgrade to 2.0?

Thanks,
    Marv
    ​449 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe, this is seriously impressive, but I'm expecting no less from Mr. Lizard King!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations man. I'm honored I was able to help you out :-D

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ Marv: since you already purchased the previous version (thank you!), you should find it among your purchases in the clickstore, but from what other users said the download link has not been yet updated (only the page has), I've notified the clickstore, hope it will be fixed very soon

@ Jesse: too kind as usual, hope to tempt you putting your excellent art in some 3D playaround

@ Klownzilla: my pleasure taking advantage of your juicy graphics , thank you again!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!
    Juste wow, what a performance... I bought it and it's realy imprisve.
    I just wondering if its possible for you to help me a little for something I looking for :

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/102349-3D-background-object-like-Castlevania

I can't only imagine that it's possible to do that with P3D for my project, but it seems to be difficult.
    Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG , It's cross platform . Nice job!! . You are best Schrodinger

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast