User Tag List

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digging the Twin Peaks references.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, i just bought this yesterday. it so cool. how do i add my own textures for ground? i swapped in my character/player good but the ground is eluding me. its always grass

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schrodinger, thank you for the new version that add a lot of cool stuff.
    In the future, do you think that it will be possible to improve the quality of the shadows?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot therickman!
    That's really appreciated.
    If you (and any other user of course!) need some assistance,
    or just want to share some thoughts/suggestions/projects,
    be sure to check out the P3D discord server,
    invitation link is printed on the last page of the user manual!

ratty: ehehe glad you noticed, yeah I remember the new episodes were out since few weeks when I was working on that example,
    I had to do that

markofthedog: thanks for the support and appreciation!
    It depends on how the ground is made, since P3D features different solutions to create polygons,
    in most of the examples the "ground" is a 3D object, you'll likely find a "repeating ground" object lying around in the frame,
    in that 3D object's alterable values you'll find a reference to "my_model": that's the name of the object containing the texture.
    It's very likely a "3D_P3D" object sitting on top-left of the frame, in the map layer. You can change the animations there to modify the texture.
    Check out the user manual for "3D objects" for a complete guide on how to use them!
    (just seen the same question on Youtube, it was probably you I guess?)

crian: thanks for the kind words!
    I would say it's not possible, no shadow casting in P3D within Fusion2.5,
    unless a higher shader model becomes supported, which is very unlikely I think

Now sharing a little WIP for a realtime 3D preview feature
    which is coming soon to T-mesh, the scene editor for P3D
    (this feature was suggested by users on the discord channel, btw!)
    The video is very crap, but I was on a very rush, sorry

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thankyou for the help, i found the spot now im stuck on how do i set a texture to repeat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im having trouble with projectiles. it shoots, but not correctly. all moving objects bunch up, turn black and launch away from me. any idea?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question camera angle

hello im back again, im making a Mario&luigi DTB-ish game using the isometric RPG example, but I cant find a way to angle the camera down while still pointing at the player.

also the camera has an angle of 45 degrees right, how do I get rid of that?

I lost the manual PDF so I cant get info from that atm

screenshot BFH.jpg
    this angle just doesn't feel right for what im trying to make

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I found a bug with Angles.
    If I set the XAngle to the ZPosition of the player, it shoots up and down fine on the X-Rot Axis. (Up and Down)
    If I set the Angle of the projectile to OAngle(CameraX,CameraY) it tracks fine in the Y-Rot Axis. (Left and Right)
    The Y-Angle value doesn't do anything.

However if I try to combine them both I can only fire accurately between angles <40 and >300 because its only tracking in one axis (likely the Z-Axis is screwed because the manual mentions that the Z-Axis is handled automatically for sprites). Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Beyond that Amazing 2.1 Update. schrodinger you're amazing dude, that height map system is god-tier stuff. How the hell did you get it to run so fast LOL.

For context as well this issue is to do with AI shooting. The player can shoot up and down fine using the default methods built into the engine. This was done using the Castle example's Plasma ball.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    funmaker: the isometric camera has fixed angles to recreate an "isometric" perspective (well, kinda-of, a true isometric representation is actually not something a realistic 3D render can do, since it mimics "real" vision and isometric projection is an idealized "distortion" of reality, not the way eyes perceive)
    so if you want a different set of angles from the ones it gives, the quickest way is probably setting your own customized camera using the "free-cam" template, and setting its X,Y,Z angles the way you want (and the camera X,Y,Z position to some fixed spot relative to the player, i.e. Xplayer+200, Yplayer+200, Zpos player + 300)
    Hope this helps!

MrCyberpunk: thanks a lot for the appreciation
    If I get the issue, you'd like to control a projectile by tracking both the left-right angle (Z angle in P3D) and the up-down angle (X angle in P3D). I think that should work ok, so if when firing you set:
    projectile Z angle to (OAngle(playerXY,targetXY))
    projectile X angle to (OAngle(player(d)Z,target(d)Z) >> where (d) is the Phytagorean distance
    it doesn't work right?

(actually, OAngle won't allow you to use (d) to get the X angle, so you'll have to use the Atan2 expression which if I'm not too rusty should be like: Atan2(Y1-Y2,X2-X1))

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weid render problem?

i ended up finding the angles set in the projection engine group, I made it how I want it, but now I found a different problem...
    is there anyway to stop the weird thing on the side of the screen?
    the cubes aren't being rendered at the edge for some reason (these are cube shapes, not cube tiles)
    texture problem.png
    if your wondering why the resolution is so low, im trying to make a ds-ish game

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast