Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casleziro View Post
    Hey Schrodinger: I tried the examples you had for 2.0 and unfortunately it seems like the new system breaks on my trash laptop. I think it has something to do with the new system for meshes you were talking about:

Attachment 23586Attachment 23584Attachment 23585
    Attachment 23587

Textures seem to rotate or morph themselves oddly when I move the camera.

I'm running a (very) terrible laptop with these specs:

-Windows 7
    -Intel T2300 1.66ghz
    -2GB RAM
    -32-bit

So at the very least I think this will only be a problem for a small number of users if it's something you can't figure out.

Also the first video you linked in your edit about testing collisions is unavailable.

UPDATE
    : 2.0 is now available for download on clickstore
    Thanks to Schrodinger's fantastic customer support - and a lot of thorough testing - this problem was finally fixed for me.

Turns out that my cretaceous period graphics card (about 12+ years old or so) could only support textures with dimensions that were powers of 2 (such as 32x64 or 128x256), along with some random exceptions. This is a very good performance practice that many do manually for optimization anyways, so it isn't really a development problem for me!

Hopefully if anyone else has similar problems, they can try modifying the actual texture or "model" objects that their 3D pieces draw from to be a power of 2 dimension (2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256, etc) or update their hardware

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this a problem you only get with P3D, or with any mfa that has non pow2 textures? I ask, because I use non-pow2 textures all over the place in my game (eg. I find it easier to work with something that's 100x500 than 128x512). Also, what's your graphics card?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Is this a problem you only get with P3D, or with any mfa that has non pow2 textures? I ask, because I use non-pow2 textures all over the place in my game (eg. I find it easier to work with something that's 100x500 than 128x512). Also, what's your graphics card?
    It's just with P3D as far as I can tell, probably because of the way the shaders interact with my card. I use off sizes myself in my own games and no other Fusion game has broken similarly.

The graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon X1600

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you again casleziro for checking all things out and finding a solution!

To add some thought on this,
    the new P3D shaders are complex, in the sense they use many (all available) constant registers and many operation slots,
    but testing with casleziro we tried simplified versions with far less constants and operations, and the issue persisted, so that was likely not the cause.
    Beside this, they do nothing particularly odd,
    save for depth buffering, which was still never used to my knowledge in Fusion,
    but that's unlikely to be the issue as well, because we tested removing depth buffer functions and the issue persisted.

One *possible* clue is P3D does some things with source textures that you usually don't do (i.e. scaling source object)
    and since -if I'm not mistaken- casleziro noticed some issues with previous P3D versions too (Quad shader) when using non-power-of-2 sizes,
    I wouldn't totally exclude in similar test conditions the issue *could* pop out in other circumstances/forms with other shaders..

So far had no other reports beside this, so I'd dare to say it's pretty limited anyway.

Now showing some work in progress on a new small example I started working on yesterday,
    I'm going to release the source in the "repository" and I've recorded some footage of the creation process,
    so hope to make a tutorial of this too

Little WIP of this "zombie city" example:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P3D looks very strange on my PC.

( Specs: Win XP Pro 32 Bit, 4GB Ram, ATI 6750 2GB, Athlon 2 X 4 Core )

What can I do?
    1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ michaeldunge: looks like you didn't copy the shaders!

Make sure you copied all the .fx and .xml files you found in the zip package inside your /effects subfolder of your Clickteam Fusion install path
    then close and reopen Fusion if you had it still open,
    and let me know if this was the issue

(check out page 10 of the user manual for full instructions)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works.
    Thanks for the super fast support!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Glad to help, feel free to ask for any question

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am using windows 10 and 8 gigabytes of ram 2tb(terrorbytes) of hard drive space could i make use of this engine to make a similar 3d game if i give you a spot in the credits page of my game?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That zombie city is looking good, Schrodinger.

Those zombies look almost like 3D models. Are they just really good sprites?

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast