User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry, this is taking much longer than expected,
    the engine is ready since weeks now but I've reviewed the whole documentation, added another 20-30 pages I think,
    plus I've updated the old examples and changed my mind on the new ones
    (was thinking postponing the new examples after publishing to speed up the release)

But since this is another BIG update I've thought it would have been a bad idea publishing without a "decent" and updated set of examples,
    to show what you can do with the new features, so I'm making an additional "examples pack" using most of the new tools.
    So I'm working on this now, I've completed three new (amazing ) examples in about 5-6 days (but spread in two weeks.. busy holiday times!)
    I'd like making three more, simpler, and I have to look for (or make..) CC0/redistributable graphics for them,
    so the whole process can be a bit time consuming.

In short, three more examples and I'll be finally done..
    new features are great though, it will be worth the wait!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dropping by to bump the thread. Looking forward to new version of P3D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meanwhile, just to further whet your appetite, I saw Sinclairian tweeted an update on his P3D-powered game the other day: https://twitter.com/sinclairstrange/...62534863843329

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump again ! ^^
    I'm curious and excited to see the performance improvements and new features :-)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    Meanwhile, just to further whet your appetite, I saw Sinclairian tweeted an update on his P3D-powered game the other day: https://twitter.com/sinclairstrange/...62534863843329
    Wow, is that gif from his game? It looks amazing, such an interesting art style.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Heya all,
    I'm so sorry it got so awfully long, there's an amazing amount of stuff ready and perfectly working since weeks,
    and next stage (now) I'm going to try to cram it all together and zip to the clickstore without extra frills,
    I will cut on some more examples I wanted to prepare because it got already so much beyond my plans..
    but there's going to be 6-7 new ones so it's probably good anyway.

Unfortunately I've been through some difficult time lately, computer time was zeroed and had to prioritize other matters.
    But to excuse myself on such a delay,
    I'm going to anticipate a little bit since you've all been so patient
    and here's some videos I've been recording past weeks/months during development of some of the still unannounced new features:

(self-spawning models)

Not really a feature, but more of one possible solution to generate and move models through projects.
    It's more to take a look at what you can easily do with new shapes, the shack model will be included in the examples btw.
    Actually, I think it's already been superseeded by a still better thing, possibly the most interesting (and surprisingly quick to come up!) I'm going to announce later.

(powered triangle meshes)

I've been working some time to improve the rendering, both speed and precision, and triangle meshes are now seamless (see the white background to highlight potential seams) and the "cull" option makes them quite fast to render. The scene in the video runs at about 170-200 fps on my machine (when not screen-recording), so consider much more stuff can be added if running at 60 or even 30 fps
    In the video they are not used, but I've also added quadrilateral meshes.

(heightmaps)

thanks to the pioneering work of MuddyMole in a similar project, heightmaps can now be imported in P3D.
    This video is a bit early, I've since written a new shader with interpolation which gives much smoother results, it's really quite nice effect, though it can be a bit demanding if you want the detail to be very high and the rendering go very far. There's about 10 pages of the manual on this feature so won't go much in detail now, but it's very nice and powerful to make very creative projects.

(voxelmaps)

along the same line, this is an exaggeration of the pixel dimensions, of an heightmap (you can specify how large and tall you want each pixel of the heightmap to be rendered) to make it look like a "voxelmap". The nice thing is it can be also edited in realtime with some creativity, video is a bit rough (WIP from some time ago..) but I think it shows the point. There's also another "shading" option for the voxelmap to make it look smoother, for different kind of projects.

Well, I think that's all for now, hope to be able packing everything, smoothing some rough edge on the examples and send you the package not so long from now!

EDIT___
    actually, if you want, you can try out the smoother "mountain track" heightmap example here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaq787k91x...track.zip?dl=0

make sure you unzip all the content (executable file, heightmap file and array file) to the same folder!

Btw, you can notice it's a 16-bit heightmap file, in a P3D own format, but I've prepared a conversion tool so you can easily import from other formats if needed

EDIT 2___
    had still missed latest Sinclairian's gif... it looks so amazing

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't feel rushed Schrodinger, that all looks incredibly impressive! Definitely a lot of neat/powerful stuff in the works :0

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mind blown, no wonder it’s taking some time. Just amazing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hold on a second while I pick up my jaw from the floor. Those last two examples.. woah.
    Good thing my new projects using height maps for everything. I'd love to make full use of these features.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haou comme quoi il faut mieux attendre quelle mois et on voie le résulta.
    haou how better to wait what month and see the result.

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast