User Tag List

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    @ Hayo: thank you!
    @ elvisish: thank you too kind! Looking forward to see some good old retro-pixelated game in your style
    Absolutely! I think I could probably get something finished with P3d quicker than I could with Firefly right now! 2.5d level design just makes the most sense to me!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    removing the <zbuffer>1</zbuffer> from the files as you suggested, allowed the .mfa to work inside fusion.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an amazing update thankyou. I've noticed when using the "Follow Camera" the player sprite jitters, but not all of the time. It might start off steady, then with a turn it starts to jitter when moving, it's a very fast horizontal shake when the walking animation plays which doesn't happen if the sprite is walking-in-place.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for testing danjo, going to ask you some other detail through pm if you don't mind.

@ jamesnansen: thanks, glad you like the update!

Good eye - you're right, you can slightly modify the engine to fix it in this way:

1) in the follow camera group (inside "camera objects" - "camera code") change "X" and "Y" with alt. val.X and alt. val.Y in the red box below:

2) in group: "Core module - 2D elements - moving sprites - projection" add the two lines below:

3) then, outside the engine, in the event when you set the "camera tool" against your player, also set its alt. val. X and Y to alt. vals X and Y of the player object, like so:

(this will work only if you use P3D movements with player object, or anyway if you set alt. vals. X and Y of the player to its floating point position)

This should ensure a fluid outcome,
    along with a correct placement of hotspots in the projected player sprite.

I'll gather suggestions like these and implement them in a 2.01 cumulative fixes update.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works perfectly now, thankyou!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of specs are needed to run the examples at stable 60 fps?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntermanx View Post
    What kind of specs are needed to run the examples at stable 60 fps?
    Nothing spectacular.
    My Asus Zenbook manages it: Intel Core-M 0.8GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 5300 (onboard graphics)

I'd imagine Sinclairian's game (that's those fantastic looking sci-fi/cyberpunk environments in the video) will be a fair bit more demanding than Schrodinger's examples, but you'd have to ask him about that.

Also, bear in mind that it's possible to control things like render distance and anti-aliasing, which will affect performance.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What MuddyMole says,
    plus not all the examples have been really optimized
    (castle one for example could cut down a good number of ground tiles and pavement tiles by merging them together,
    moving elements could be deactivated when not in sight, there are Y rotations enabled which are not really necessary other than to show it etc.)

I've made them on a NUC i5 with integrated graphics Intel and they all run at stable 60fps,
    save for the snow example (drops to 50-55 while generating all snowflakes) and the DLM city example,
    which stays mostly 60 except during micro-loadings while walking,
    plus some insta-drop (few fps) while turning around, that's still the most intensive operation..

I think Sinclairian lowered the framerate to run smoothly those detailed and vast scenes,
    you can get about +25% more elements / or smoothness by cutting the framerate down (and raising movements speed)

Did you try the example files uploaded in this thread / you had worse results?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey great staff, thank you!

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Crian!

Take advantage of this post to say I'm hosting a repository of P3D stuff at
    p3d.lizardking.co
    (click on "P3D repository")
    The idea came after Jonathan asked for the tower clock - thanks

So far just a few simple models are available for download,
    looking into adding more content,
    and send in your works if you like to!

Anyone interested remember P3D 2.0 is featured in this month's rewards for Clicker Tier ($15) or above
    at "The Reactor", Clickteam Patreon page.
    You also get other great items: volProfiler and Neo Runout source,
    total worth about 22$, and exclusive Patreon content (streams, tutorials, examples..)
    and of course you show your support to Clickteam

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast