User Tag List

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the interest RavDevVan101

For the 2D elements question: you are looking for something like a "billboard" effect?
    which is partially available through sprites (but you don't want them to "squeeze"? this can be disabled through "C" option, but globally for all sprites, it could be made individual if needed)
    but perhaps you want a real "polygon" always facing the camera?
    What's the use if I can ask, or if you can point me to an example (i.e. a video from a game) so I can better understand?

Little update:
    I'm in the process of (finding all the time I can and) making the last example,
    here's a short clip where I'm testing a modification in the Cylinder shader I needed for the example,
    which allows for the "inside" of the piece to be seen at same time as the "outside",
    when the texture has semi-transparent or invisible areas
    (useful to make many nice tricks)

new_cylinder.jpg

And also (anticipation ) enjoy a glimpse of an original fantastic tileset @Sinclairian has very kindly donated to P3D,
    thank you so much!!
    The tileset is being used for this last example:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ousdf5qv7...inder.mp4?dl=0

(wip, the glass texture is a mockup of another Sinclairian texture I made for testing.. subject to change )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The purpose is to get a better looking effect for sprites, the current billboard effect doesn't produce a very convincing effect. It's very clear it's just shrinking in size

pd3squash.png

pd3squash1.png

The option to have sprites displayed as Polygons that appear to always be pointing at the camera would be highly appreciated to get a far more convincing effect from sprites.

Edit: also another problem along with the squishing effect is that no matter what when the camera rotates up the sprites have this "falling over" look to them

Edit 2: oh and that's looking fantastic as always.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

You can disable that "falling over" effect by removing the "C" character from P3D_engine object "multi_options" string,
    but this won't be true billboarding either of course (which anyway requires very well crafted sprites to work finely).

Have you looked at "frame_rotations"?
    Allows to render many more directions than 32 in sprites, it looks nicely as long as you dont "fly over" the sprite, then the illusion is broken
    (i.e. see dead trees in the "Magical Keep" example)
    That could be improved by adding vertical directions also, but that would mean having an abysmal number of animations to prepare (and store/load...)

I think "real" billboarding could be currently doable, but with polygons, so that probably would make it not so useful, as it is usually a technique aimed at cutting polycount.
    Would you use it for this purpose or for some more specific graphic effect?
    If the second, I think some solution could be tried (i.e. finding the angles of the vector from the polygon plane to the camera and orienting the polygon accordingly)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's what i'd use it for, a "real" billboard effect.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I think I've never seen a billboard "in action" so I'm not really sure on how it's supposed to behave
    Jut made a quick test anyway, is it something similar?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fpcbk829ab..._test.zip?dl=0

move with arrow keys, look around with mouse, fly with "W"

one billboard is a polygon (a box) always "facing" the camera - or should it always be "perpendicular" to the camera orientation plane?
    the other is a simple sprite with "cardboard" effect disabled, sprite will always be the same no matter from where you look at it

..is it getting to something or is it altogether different from what you need?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The polygon one is close to what I was looking for. The idea was for it to look at the camera, but not vertically, if that makes sense.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When New update are available ?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm planning to file everything to the clickstore by this weekend/early next week worst case.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the patience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to get my hands on this.

Might actually make a game with it this time, haha.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    I'm planning to file everything to the clickstore by this weekend/early next week worst case.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the patience
    Oooohhhh, so really soon then?

I'll have to play around with it.

...sounds like it'll be including a level builder of some kind? Am I mistaken on that?

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast