User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ FalconsoftIndustries: sure, as long as you have a valid P3D license (you've purchased it through the clickstore or requested it from the Reactor)
    and of course a valid Clickteam Fusion license, you can do anything you like with it, no need to credit

@ casleziro: thanks, it was still pretty rough in that first video,
    I'm having fun working on it, still no gaming mechanics implemented but I've expanded on the level,
    here's an updated video, should be complete in a few other days
    (will just add some other building and a few gaming events):

It runs very smooth at 60 FPS in my machine, video recorder make it seem a bit stuttery.. will try to improve next ones.

Yes zombies are sprites, I made them with Poser, it's quick and handy,
    as it comes with proper tools to export still/animated models and rotate them for different directions.
    There are a number of softwares for human figures (and other figures/props) rendering,
    I'm not an expert but I think Poser and Daz3D are the leading ones
    (both come with a cost, in different forms, there are even "completely" free ones like Make Human, but I've never checked it out).

Handling highly detailed human figures is a very intensive operation for a 3D engine,
    since they are made of tens of thousands of meshes,
    I think using sprites is a good compromise, as they are very low processor taxing, so you can have a full horde of zombies
    and you can freely create any number of animations/variations you need.
    The ones you see in the video are just walking animation rendered in only 8 directions,
    and they already look "decent" (to me),
    think you can make up to 32 directions for any number of animations
    (P3D will automatically pick the correct one)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much does the P3D license cost?
    Never mind I will buy firefly instead.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @FalconsoftIndustries the license comes with the purchase of P3D. You just have to purchase P3D (or get P3D by subscribing to The Reactor) and you'll have the license.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casleziro View Post
    @FalconsoftIndustries the license comes with the purchase of P3D. You just have to purchase P3D (or get P3D by subscribing to The Reactor) and you'll have the license.
    Thanks for letting me know.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry I've been very busy last couple days,
    I confirm what casleziro says,
    of course Falconsoft feel free to pick the tool you like more,
    just make sure you use Clickteam Fusion

I've not 100% completed the Zombie city example,
    but I've quickly put up a playable build for those interested:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qirpr41of..._city.zip?dl=0

Just hang around and shoot some zombie,
    the poor guys are peaceful and won't attack you.

Hit "ESC" to try various settings to fit your machine power,
    though on my not-so-powerful one it runs smooth at best settings

This was made in about 4 days, 2-3 hour/day, half time spent on graphics,
    so consider you can do better with a bit more effort.
    Like an underground section, or building interiors, would be nice.

I'll clean up the mfa and provide the source file next days for those interested

Thanks for reading and for giving it a try, hope you enjoy

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks great Schrodinger, and runs well for me, too.

Might want to add a deadzone to the first person mouse movement so the cursor doesn't drift endlessly if you're not in the exact center, and there's a part where i can fall through the world near the P3D city pools (but it's obviously WIP so that's not important).

I've been having a lot of fun in P3D myself, and unearthed some minor bugs/personal annoyances. I think I might add them all to a list and send them to you after a long enough period of time, if you don't mind.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played the example by Schrodinger and it looks nice and very smooth on my PC.

I did notice one problem, it make me dizzy/sick. There is something about the movement that make me sick. Only few FPS games do that to me.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @ casleziro: thanks, happy to hear it's running fine on your machine!
    That zombie example uses the "basic" mouse lookaround code,
    there is an "advanced" mouse lookaround code you can activate inside the "custom movements" groups but it requires the "mouse" extension,
    and since I'll upload the mfa as an example, didn't want force others to install an extension to try it out.
    But that "advanced" code works better (i.e. doesn't need the mouse cursor to be centered to stay still,
    something I tried hard but wasn't able to do without extension unfortunately)
    anyway your suggestion on a dead zone sounds intriguing I'll think on it!
    (actually - rethinking on it, there's probably already a very small dead zone, of a few pixels, I might just need to make it bigger, or let users customize it - I'll look in the code to be sure, didn't make any change there for 2.0 so it's long time I don't dwell in there and don't remember for sure)

Yeah some things to fix / zones left unfinished in the example, you can fall into oblivion in some parts

Glad to hear you're having fun with the engine
    Sure, make the list, I'll be pleased to improve/fix whatever I can in a future 2.01 update
    (actually, that example already includes a slightly modified "preload" module, because I used lots of graphics in few objects, and the standard code was tailored for a slightly lower number of animations)

@ amimman99: thanks for checking out the example.
    Really don't know about the dizzyness - I once thought it was caused by "head bobbing" effects in old games,
    and this example doesn't have it, but interesting though, what do you think could be causing it?
    Perhaps the continuous orientations change of camera, might need to be more still?
    I'd make some modification that could relief the symptoms, if we could find out the cause / if possible

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    @ amimman99: thanks for checking out the example.
    Really don't know about the dizzyness - I once thought it was caused by "head bobbing" effects in old games,
    and this example doesn't have it, but interesting though, what do you think could be causing it?
    Perhaps the continuous orientations change of camera, might need to be more still?
    I'd make some modification that could relief the symptoms, if we could find out the cause / if possible
    I really don't know why, and I wonder is there is some kind of technique that needs to be implemented to avoid that.
    I did noticed that I can get sick if the frame rate is too high, some games like unreleased Half Life for Sega Dreamcast, Crazy Taxi for PS2, Call of Cthulhu for Xbox, Rage for PS3, Quake III on PC.
    Some games like Doom, Doom 3,Quake I, Killzone, Call of Duty, etc do not bother me.

I wonder if you could cap the frame rate at 30FPS and I can try that.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's interesting!

You can do it already in the example:
    hit "esc" to open the pop-up menu and click on "30" under "framerate"

Now I'm curious wether this will make some difference

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast