User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard that P3D is incompatible with 2.5+ DLC. Any chance to change that? Correct me if I am wrong. I don't have the DLC yet.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chily View Post
    I heard that P3D is incompatible with 2.5+ DLC. Any chance to change that? Correct me if I am wrong. I don't have the DLC yet.
    It's fine, I use it with 2.5+.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chily I think you mean it's not built in / (optimised) for 2.5+
    It's probably best to leave it being compatible with 2.5 & 2.5+
    I couldn't imagine Schrodinger wanting to make two versions when it already works fine for both.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks @elvisish and @aenever for the replies

As said P3D was developed in 2.5 and no optimization/upgrade to 2.5+ has been made.
    2.5+ with DX11 could bring some really neat addition to the engine,
    newer shader models allow for many more constants, shaders where dramatically squeezed to fit limitations in P3D2.1 and this led to features cuts, primitives limitations etc.,
    plus converting shaders to DX11 alone *could* (speculation) bring better performances.
    But sadly this is all out of my reach right now so the current version is all P3D can offer.
    If anyone would be curious/willful/corageous/silly enough to jump in the daunting task of converting current P3D shader pack (20+ shaders) to the latest supported DX version for 2.5+, I would happily welcome him and give all of my blessings

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't some of the Clickstore shaders converted by @Yves like Chily's underwater shader and some of Looki's, IIRC? Or do they have to be done by the original developer ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great bit of kit. Not being the brightest button in the box, even I can understand. Thanks to the documentation and examples. Great work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Chriz45 really appreciated, thank you,
    glad the docs and examples are standing together and hope you're having fun with it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see you pop your head up the forums again, schrodinger! I hope you're keeping well

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModulePatch Maker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this support animated 3D meshes/skinned characters and android?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra : thanks and cheers to you Vol I'm keeping up moderately well
    but programming works are mostly out of my radar right now.
    Miss the forum, all of the super nice people in here, the fun and the puzzling mind-challenges!

JumpUp_Games: none of what you mention unfortunately. It is a simpler environment with limited modeling capabilities.
    As for android, it's currently not supported due to the fact P3D heavily relies on pixel shaders
    (in case anyone's interested, I should have a "wireframe-only" 3D *engine* for android sitting somewhere.. but it's just wireframe lines and no faces/occlusion so I doubt anyone would make any relevant use of it)

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast