User Tag List

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: P3D 2.0 - out now!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That could be doable as well I guess, if you can procedurally export textures from TilEd
    (or pre-store and arrange them) then you can import them in cubes with "load frame" action,
    or maybe even better,
    put all textures as separate animations of the cube (shape=box in P3D 2.1)
    and then when loading the tiles with t hat "loading code" we were talking in the other post,
    simply set "my_animation" value to the exported tile ID

if TilEd gives out the right data, it should be easier to do thank to write down

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, sorry if this is not a good place to post this.

Just wanted to say I love P3D and have been toying around with it to see what I can create with it.

I decided I wanted to create a little Slender type game and want to use the better Mouse movements so I followed the instructions inside the comment inside the events on using the Mouse Object extension.

I was confused as I was supposed to change the Value of Alterable Value 69 and 70 in the P3D Engine object, only there were no Alterable Values named 69 and 70.

Here's a screenshot if that helps: https://i.gyazo.com/7538eb58c4a98643...511e0b116c.png

This means that I can't use the advanced Mouse Movement code.

What should I do?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello CheatingPenguin,
    glad you are enjoying P3D!
    (and sorry for te delay in latest update which will vastly improve the engine)

In the screenshot you posted, you can see there's a button on top right of the expression editor, named "use expression"
    if you click there, you can enter an alterable value "index" >> so you can access values by number,
    thus you can simply click that button and enter 69 / 70 to address values 69 and 70

Fusion allows you to use unlimited values in active objects, but you can only name 26

Hope this helps and feel free to post here if any issue!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks schrodinger!

I did exactly as you said and now the mouse is working as I want it to

Also, I didn't know about Clickteam having unlimited values, I actually remembering wondering earlier today if it was capped at 26.

Anyway, thanks for the help! I really look forward to see what else you bring to P3D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait P3D 2.1 ! Awesome work!

Will 2.1 improve this performance?
    When I try to use a zombie city, it fps value is not very high, not to 50 fps,
    I Hope have some solution

Not sure I understood the mouse question:
    do you mean you'd like the "mouse lookaround" feature working in a different way,
    or you'd like an example on how to shoot at specific body parts,
    or something else?

If the first one, there's an "advanced mouse lookaround" code nested inside the engine, you can unlock it by adding the "mouse object" extension to your project,
    and going inside "custom movements - movement types and options - mouse lookaround" groups (and follow instructions inside)
    Of course if any doubt let me know!
    I tried to open it,also tried to change the value,
    but I still can't change it to camera 1:1 to follow the mouse ,like First-person shooter game .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy! BenTheDragon here! I am heckin studying this program to the best of my ability. But since I am a more focused artist, its very difficult for me to just digest the information within the guide without reading through it dozens of times. So I thought to make a temporary discord group so I can figure this stuff out with some buddies and put out informative tutorials along the way.

I really wanna see more people use this cool thing of yours, Schrodinger! So hope you don't mind me posting this link here for people to join and figure stuff out faster! Of course, people should continue posting problems they are having in this forum. Just thought to take advantage of an instant messenger to help each other faster and provide neat ideas for tutorials and all.
    Here is the invite link for any of you folks wandering around for a chat and P3D development ideas. https://discord.gg/xWmjREJ

Also lookie here, I made a new building again! As I build more, I am wondering about some ideas for textures.. and that is interior textures of any surfaces! I know a quick workaround is making two cubes with different textures on them with one cube's exterior is visible and the other cube's interior is visible. is there any plan to have interior and exterior textures share a single object in the future?

Screenshot 2018-04-11 13.44.44.jpg

And I want to also bring up interesting transparency glitches:
    Screenshot 2018-04-11 13.45.49.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-04-11 13.50.15.jpg

For some reason, when looking through transparent images, some surfaces just don't show up on the other side while some done. In the first window focus image, you aren't really supposed to see the second floor textures and supposed to see the roof instead. While on the next image, the sandy hills are invisible through the transparent windows.

A workaround this is that the transparent texture itself needs to be at least 100% transparent for it to work, much like this door I've made
    Screenshot 2018-04-11 13.48.33.jpg
    So the transparency at 100% works!
    But that only brings up a second question, how can I make it so collisions not work at an invisible textures? One work around I have in mind is to have invisible collision blocks.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thank you 3DBBQ!

I'm sorry I've just seen your questions now:

1- yes, 2.1 will bring improved performances, mainly due to the introduction of the new "Shapes" qualifier, which is on average about 30-40% faster than current 3D Objects + 3D Data, and most importantly allows to drastically reduce the object count, when using the "box" shape you can save 6 objects for a cube, so that's a relevant improvement.

2- the mouse question: I'm still not sure on the issue, you tried to implement the mouse-lookaround code in a project but it didn't work out as expected? If this is the case, feel free to send me the file at the support email (you find it in first pages of the manual) and I'll check it out!

Hello Ben!

Wow, that's a very nice idea and thank you for creating the channel,
    I had received a similar suggestion some months ago and will spread the link for a P3D support channel once 2.1 is finally available,
    but of course it's great if there are different P3D places for tutorials, talking and idea-sharing!

Very nice buildings you have there

That's a neat idea for "double-faced" textures.
    It would be doable, shader-side, maybe by "nesting" both textures on the same image,
    and telling the shader to sample one or the other depending on which side of the surface is shown.
    However, this would require a modification to an already "full" effect and I strongly suspect
    it would be necessary to "sacrifice" some feature (i.e. glowing lights or global lightness or transparency)
    to make some "room" for this extra operation.
    I will consider this for the future and maybe make some test when possible!

For semitransparency, you can try this:
    identify the "Data" object that needs to be fixed (the "glass" texture basically)
    and then add an action like this:

(glass texture) is visible
    >>> (glass texture) bring to front

see if that makes any change!

The reason is the depth buffer stores a "depth" value for every single pixel on screen, and whenever in the same "draw cycle" (frame) a new pixel with nearer depth is found, the new color and depth values are overwritten.
    When the object is transparent, no color and depth are written, but when the object is semi-transparent, values are allocated, and if the semitransparent object is drawn before the objects "behind", they won't be drawn on screen because their depth values are "further".
    The trick is telling DirectX to draw semitransparent objects for last, so they will be drawn "over" already drawn objects behind,
    in Fusion you can do so with "bring to front" (>>> draw as last)

I suspect it works fine with very high levels of semitransparency because it actually deals with it as if being fully transparent.

I thought of an automated routine to deal with this, but the fact is it would have been very intensive, and so I thnk it's better fix it manually when necessary.

Not sure about the collision question: you want the players to collide or not against the transparent object? Or to make it "dynamic" (open/close..)?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    Not sure about the collision question: you want the players to collide or not against the transparent object? Or to make it "dynamic" (open/close..)?
    I want it so players can walk through the transparent areas of a texture, for example the last image I shared in my last post.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ahh sorry now I got it!
    I think the most comfortable way would be specifying "obstacle_type" as "mask"
    and then make the parent 3D object graphic as if it was an open door seen from above
    (a segment with a hole in the middle..)
    the downside is you won't be able to specify the collision area for the wall above the door,
    but if your player can't jump/fly that high it couldn't be a problem maybe?
    If it is, then you'd need another 3D object to put a collision block up there, and make it invisible, like you were saying.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got looking through this thread and I am incredibly excited to hear about P3D 2.1 and it's new features like Voxel and Height maps along with performance enhancements. I'm seriously looking forward to playing around with it.

I'm also hoping that the 2D elements have at least an option to become more plane looking like how the signs looked in the 2.0 castle example except always facing at the player in the direction of the player, It's a major issue for me.

Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast