User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New MacBook for MMF

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New MacBook for MMF

Great news that the Mac editor is available now! I switched to a Mac way back when partly because I knew the Mac editor was just around the corner but things didn't quite turn out that way.

Anyway, I'm going to get a Mac laptop and I want to be able to use MMF on it. I think a MacBook Air would be fine for me but my only concern is whether it has enough real-estate. I've been running MMF on a netbook with a 10 inch screen and 1024X600 resolution; it's useable but not a great experience. Has anyone got this running on one of the latest MacBook Airs? What's it like? I don't really want to splash out on the MacBook Pro just for the extra space if I don't have to. If anyone can point me towards some pictures or a video of MMF running on a MacBook Air that would be appreciated. I had a quick search but didn't find anything. The other option of course would be the regular MacBook. It's got a smaller screen but higher resolution. Any input welcome.

As an aside for any Clickteam people who happen to read this; when applying for the upgrade should I say I have MMF 2 Dev or MMF2.5? I've got MMF2.5 Dev but that doesn't seem to be an option.

CoffeeCup

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím on holiday, but I could post a screen shot of Fusion 2.5 running on a MacBook Pro when I get back. Iím pretty sure youíll find the experience of running it on a MacBook Air will be fine, but you could alternatively buy a Mac Mini which is much cheaper. Then you can plug it into any size monitor you want. Iíve got mine plugged into a cheap, but very good LG 27Ē TV monitor and itís great.

When you upgrade from Fusion 2.5 Dev Windows version to the Mac Dev version, you either need to buy the Mac Exporter and give your serial number for that and your serial number for Dev 2.5, which is what I did and paid about 16,50 euros plus the cost of the Mac exporter. Or you can just give your Dev 2.5 serial number, pay more, and this covers having the Mac exporter included.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AND. If you don't mind posting a screenshot then that would be appreciated. Have you got a 13 inch or 15 inch MacBook Pro? I did toy with the idea of getting a Mac mini but I think I'm really going to need a MacBook. By the way, the iOS and Android exporter work with the Mac editor, right?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The iOS and Android exporters don't come with the Mac editor, but as you already have them, you can just use the copies you already have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks advaith, that's good to know. I kind of assumed you could use the iOS exporter on the Mac but I wasn't sure about the Android exporter. Being able to create iOS and Android apps and upload them to the App Store and Google Play with a Mac means I don't need to worry about keeping a PC kicking around.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Itís a 13Ē MBP and I forgot you can plug the MacBook into a big monitor if you want anyway.

I think youíll be very happy with the Mac editor. I upload to the Google Play Store and iTunes Connect with my Mac, and there is never any need for me to use Windows anymore for developing Android and iOS apps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks AND, I've just got the Mac editor and it seems great. Having thought about it a bit more I'm probably going to go with the MacBook Pro 13". I appreciate the recommendation.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great to hear you're probably going to go with the MacBook Pro 13"

I'm back from holiday now - here's the screenshot you asked for from my MacBook Pro 13" running CT2.5 MacDev

Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 15.04.26.jpg

The imported jpg above isn't that clear and doesn't do it justice. In reality all the fonts and icons are sharp

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High resolution 13" screens are a waste of money and battery life in my opinion. My Zenbook has a 13" 1920x1080 screen, and I already have to scale everything up by 25% just so text etc isn't too tiny.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the MacBook Pro on the default retina screen setting which is 1280x800 and the text is really clear and comfortable to read. Although I've never had a problem using CTF2.5 on the 13" MBP, I only use it occasionally and for main use I've got a 27" monitor set at 1920x1080 connected to a Mac mini

"By default, the 13-Inch and 15-Inch Retina Display MacBook Pro models run "pixel doubled" at 1280x800 and 1440x900, respectively"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast