User Tag List

Thread: Clickteam Fusion 2.5 File Error!

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 File Error!

Hello, I have posted in other places but the person helping me stopped responding so I'm posting this here. Everytime I try to run any file in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 I get a "File Error!" dialogue box. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I have the latest version and no paid content. I do not understand what is happening, please help. Untitled.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi bbr. To help you further I'll need to see the file you are loading into Fusion. Please email it to me: simon @ clickteam.com along with your Fusion 2.5 product key, so that I can check your details.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question File Error on new installation of Fusion v2.5

Hello,

I got the same error. After downloading (from Steam) ann installing I get a "File Error" pop-up evertime I want to Run an Application. Even an empty New project. But I installed Fusion v2.5 (Build R291.6) also from Steam on my fathers PC's. There it works very well. The difference: on my Laptop I use an external SSD with all my (steam) games with a drive letter D:
    I assume the File Error has to do something with filepath or so. Please help to investigate the File Error.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi again. I didn't receive a file from you @bbr but I spoke with Yves about this issue. It is likely that a virus checker is wiping out files Fusion is generating when you try to run, or possibly you have something which is aggressively clearing your temp folder... The first thing to try is disabling your virus checker temporarily to see whether this helps.

It could also be an issue if your permissions have been damaged on your user / temp folder(s). It's hard to advise a fix for that without knowing your Windows version. Try the antivirus thing first and come back to me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    It is likely that a virus checker is wiping out files Fusion is generating when you try to run, or possibly you have something which is aggressively clearing your temp folder... The first thing to try is disabling your virus checker temporarily to see whether this helps.

It could also be an issue if your permissions have been damaged on your user / temp folder(s). It's hard to advise a fix for that without knowing your Windows version. Try the antivirus thing first and come back to me.
    Dear Simon,

On both PC's there is Windows 10 with the same virus checker (F-secure in my case). I doubt that there is a TEMP permission error or damaged folder. On a clean install opening a new project, running a "empty" application it gives File Error pop-up on one PC and not on the other, but how can I investigate what the cause could be?

Cheers
    Krijn

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    On the affected PC, please download Fusion Free, from https://www.clickteam.com/clickteam-fusion-2-5-free-edition

Install that and see whether you get the same error please.