User Tag List

Thread: Fusion Lacewing Blue Client - Rent A server for a year?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion Lacewing Blue Client - Rent A server for a year?

Hi

I was playing with the multiplayer plugin Lacewing Blue Client finally! I see now how diffrent it work now. When it's slow in connection there can go up to 5 sec before it do the same.
    Other times it run smooth and fast like no one is online? Is there an option where you see some ping or how many is online. Sometime it crash and crash during some time online. How many use it today?
    It seems to be a bug when the third 3 person join in then master app crash.

I would be nice if you could rent a server to test for a year , 5 month or 3 month testing online, Full Access? No Slow connection.

Thanks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your options for a VPS are vast. Google VPS's and pick what best suits you. I'd recommend NFO (https://www.nfoservers.com/order-vir...ted-server.php). You can get a VPS for as little as $8 a month for linux and around $10.50 for windows which is month to month with a 2 day free trial. All servers come with Anti-DDoS.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay someting I did'nt know, I wish that it was Lacewing Relay Server List homepage, you should order a server there as it run from there. Have CT any plans for multiplayer connection, full speed for any new user?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should look at this page, it's made by Phi (the creator of Bluewing Client and Server), and has lacewing info as well as a list of free lacewing servers you can use.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no caps on speed (no messaging delay). I use a fibre connection for Darkwire, including the Lacewing servers.
    However, my upload bandwidth isn't great, so I've had to cap connections, although the rates are still reasonable (1.5kb/s upload TCP + UDP together).

You can't use the public servers for file transfers, but you can use it for game messages (e.g. movement, position), chatting, etc. Even if I removed the cap and only two people were on the server, the total bandwidth available on my connection is too low for file transfers. The low transfer rate would make the transfers extremely slow.
    The cap is to prevent users from hogging too much of what's available.
    That taken into account, a game shouldn't be sharing anywhere near that amount per second. You could put your X, Y, direction in 8 bytes, and send it 60 times per second, and be under the limit.

Unless it's at a hosting company, a connection won't be fast enough to handle it. But if people are interested in chipping in for it, I'd be happy to set up a cloud-based server which will support far higher bandwidth.
    The Lacewing Blue C++ source code will be available at some point, and pylacewing is already available. So there's options if you want to create your own server.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing Blue Server C++ source code is available, and here's an example Bluewing C++ server.

So if you wanted full-speed Bluewing servers, there ya go. Have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip. Now I have some question about the programming. You mention "You could put your X, Y, direction in 8 bytes, and send it 60 times per second, and be under the limit." I would like to have an example of some Active Object running 8 bytes. Like I pick Ball Movement and make it bounce on the walls, how will X and Y be programmed? Some examples, I have started on a project i would like to finish, or test out. I would like to upload it, as there's no examples to find!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    + Always:
    - Binary message: add short X
    - Binary message: add short Y
    - Binary message: add byte direction
    - Binary message: blast to channel
    (7 bytes)

It's a lazy example, but binary messages are a much more efficient way than putting them in a string or different subchannels. You could also check out Dead Reckoning object as well, as it becomes useful in predicting positions when some data isn't received.

If you want a more detailed tutorial, I recommend LB's PDF, linked on the top of the Relay center.