User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How to prevent fusion games to be detected as virus?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Where are you from? USA? UK?

Code Signing stipulations vary, but if you're from the UK and self employed, you can just use your "trading as" name instead of your real name, so long as you have a valid address to use, doesn't have to be your home address either...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Where are you from? USA? UK?

Code Signing stipulations vary, but if you're from the UK and self employed, you can just use your "trading as" name instead of your real name, so long as you have a valid address to use, doesn't have to be your home address either...
    From the UK.

They (Sectigo) said ", please register your trade name address and phone number in any valid trusted third party online directories in your region and get back to us."

I don't exactly know what that means, so I've asked for a 'list' of these valid third parties.

Lets see what they come back with...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not sure on the trusted third party online directories, you may need clarification on that.

But the rest is standard practice. You have to assign a "company" name and address for correspondence on the certificate (and any possibly lawsuits/legal engagement) from users or authorities.

Being from the UK, if you are self employed, you can use a 'trading name' such as 'Grimmy Productions' so long as you have a valid address for any post to go to, you should be good to go...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided against going with code signing for now (due to all the hassle and the fact that it might not even work).

But, in the interest of completion I have attached the Comodo Organization Validation Guide they sent me which explains everything you need to get the certificate.

Quite complicated..
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you check with other companies? There are plenty of other ones, that are pretty cheap as well.
    Don't recall in the past all these rules, never was a big problem

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Did you check with other companies? There are plenty of other ones, that are pretty cheap as well.
    Don't recall in the past all these rules, never was a big problem

They all seem to want quite a lot of stuff. I'd need to get my birth certificate authorized by a notary before I can send it..and that's just one of the documents they would require!!?

Is there not a certificate of clickteams that we could all use?

It looks like I'm going to just have to release my app to the masses and everyone gets a virus warning and/or exe automatic deletion. Fantastic!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    That's not exactly how it works.

You are using reproduced code more than likely in the form of kcmouse and other extensions, which have been used to flag up as a 'virus' or 'threat' in the past, so if your executable contains a section(s) of code that was used before, it will flag up, but you can still get it removed by reporting false positives. You may be able to get around this by obfuscating your compiled code, but it's not something I have tried.

I've released plenty of software and developed a ton of software for clients that have rarely had this issue, without signing... Maybe 1/10 projects this will happen. It will go away once a number of copies of your executable are installed on users machines and they flag as a false positive (you can do this through testing phase also before release).

Google for example, holds a database on file downloads. If your installer.exe is downloaded, it will give a user warning that it is deemed unsafe, until it's been downloaded a few times with no problems. Likewise for Windows Defender, it may sometimes prompt the user, especially if the executable is trying to run as admin or raise privileges, because it could be a genuine threat.

This is standard practice and if you want to have the ability to bypass most of this, you will need to certify both your executable and your installer.

It works exactly the same for websites, if you don't have an SSL certificate installed, the user will get flags up all over the show if you show a credit card form on your site...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4