User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to prevent fusion games to be detected as virus?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've run into this issue with Bitdefender. I've started putting a small disclaimer on my itch.io pages where it explains that it's a false positive and they can try it on virustotal.com. I've also sent a false flag notice to Bitdefender which i recommend everyone do. It does seem to have worked but i cant be 100% sure.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I've run into this issue with Bitdefender. I've started putting a small disclaimer on my itch.io pages where it explains that it's a false positive and they can try it on virustotal.com. I've also sent a false flag notice to Bitdefender which i recommend everyone do. It does seem to have worked but i cant be 100% sure.
    What email did you send the false flag to Bitdefender?

Also if I understand correctly, every time you put out an update where you submit a new build you have to try to get it whitelisted again ?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I agree that it's actually more common to happen with Fusion-made games for some reason. Besides having played a few non-signed Unity games without issues I've also worked on several games in that engine that we never digitally signed and to this day haven't had users reporting issues about.

Seeing as unchecking compression does have some effect shows us that there could be some particular part in Fusion's compiled runtime code that sets of the scanners. I guess some code just happens to match one of the bazillion trojans out there?

So while scanners may be overzealous we still have other engines that have much less issues here than we do for some reason. I simply think it's too early to say with a 100% certainty that there is nothing that can be done from the runtime side of things.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    I agree that it's actually more common to happen with Fusion-made games for some reason. Besides having played a few non-signed Unity games without issues I've also worked on several games in that engine that we never digitally signed and to this day haven't had users reporting issues about.

Seeing as unchecking compression does have some effect shows us that there could be some particular part in Fusion's compiled runtime code that sets of the scanners. I guess some code just happens to match one of the bazillion trojans out there?

So while scanners may be overzealous we still have other engines that have much less issues here than we do for some reason. I simply think it's too early to say with a 100% certainty that there is nothing that can be done from the runtime side of things.
    I fully agree on these thoughts. A simple confounder however could be the huge install base of Unity-made apps compared to Fusion, which is a pretty niche engine. Most indies use unity or unreal engine resulting in a huge number of installed games, resulting in a huge stream of false positive reports and a better overall feedback loop. This way trust is built over the course of many iterations probably resulting in most scanners accepting these engine’s basic runtime right out of the box.

Anyway, research on aspects of Fusion’s runtime or extensions triggering false positive results should be done. Btw, In my personal experience Game Maker games are much worse than Fusion. I try a lot of stuff from Itch.io and the Game Maker apps were frequently deleted right away by my scanner (AVG, I now switched to BitDefender) without even giving me an option to white-list them AVG did always warn and scan when opening non-signed Fusion games but was always nice with them in the end.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this was "funny". I am actually using BitDefender as my antivirus program and it just detected as virus, blocked and shut down my new game I built to test..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok something else seems to have happened which is very strange, after Bitdefender detected the exe I built as a virus I can no longer hear certain sounds when I run my games in Fusion or when I build them. If I start games that was built before this happened it works, but if I try to run games in Fusion runtime now, or build them some sounds are not playing. What the heck is up with this?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    I agree that it's actually more common to happen with Fusion-made games for some reason.
    The reason is in the post I linked to above. There is no other way around it. Each extension (MF has compiled code which is what is triggering the AV flags, as they look for similar codeblocks. I can't divulge anymore than that on the public forum or the public post.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well...........Actually this is a good thread, but you DONT have to pay to get it sorted out!

While it is true that you will always get "false positives" the process of signing your exe file (while a little bit of work is needed) is FREE and you can do it yourself.

I have 3 games and 1 gaming helper app coming out very soon (thanks for all the Q&A guys...really helped me a LOT! ) and while you do have to get em signed for app store/steam etc etc, you can do it all yourself by using a self-signed certificate.

Thats what I have used and it works 100%....end of!

The ONLY thing you have to do is to include within your installer the root CA. Basically what that means is that the end user get a pop-up that says "Hey fella....I know you really wanna play this app, but, well, erm, is it ok for me to add the certificate to this computers as trusted?? Go on.... let me!!"

Well ok... It doesn't say that exactly but you get the picture

Once the end user clicks yes then job done, as your self-cert will be added to that users trusted root certification authorities (Windows).

If anyone really cant figure out how to do this for free (yes it IS free...you dont have to pay a cent for it) then I would be more than happy to let you know....I would post here now about the exact "how" but its a long post and I need sleep

But rest assured that it works, its acceptable for steam/app stores etc and apart from a bit of work you have to put in, you will be good to go in 10 mins.

Oh and just before someone says something like "Self-certification dont work" well I accept the fact that some big company's have fallen foul of using their own self-cert (like Dell for example) but that is TOTALLY different to what you want to do with your own home-grown game exe's.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The reason is in the post I linked to above. There is no other way around it. Each extension (MF has compiled code which is what is triggering the AV flags, as they look for similar codeblocks. I can't divulge anymore than that on the public forum or the public post.
    That's some interesting bits of info Danny. But does this also mean that if you don't not make use (or) include any extensions in your Fusion game, would there be a lesser chance of setting of the anti-virus scans? Or is there always some core mfx included in the runtime?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well, kinda. I really can't elaborate too much here as it could have a reverse of effect on the runtime, in regards to providing support here, if you drift my catch... I'll catch up with you on Discord.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast