User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to prevent fusion games to be detected as virus?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Dex: Interesting read-up. I had looked into self-signing too, but in the end, I skipped this option for the following reasons. As you already stated self-signed certificates are inherently not trusted as a certificate itself doesn't form any trust. It's technically true, you can make any system accept a self-signed certificate by asking the user to add the certificate to his system's trusted root CA.

A self-signed certificate, however, feels a bit like making a gold-colored badge and then going around showing it to people saying you're a police officer - or did I miss the point in total? From what I understand about the whole certification process the trust comes from having your certificate provided by an independent Certificate Authority (like Comodo) that EVERYONE (as well as virus scanners by default) trusts.

I personally woud be very concerned to add a self-signed certificate of anyone to my system's root CA unless I know that developer in person, which kind of renders the whole thing useless (at least if you distribute software to people that don't know you're a good guy).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dex is right, you don't have to do it through an official source although it helps with their reputation. Android certs for example, are self-signed certificates.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Android certs for example, are self-signed certificates.
    Thank god I'm on iOS

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there just a setting for compression that needs to be unchecked. Then you don't have that issue.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Well, kinda. I really can't elaborate too much here as it could have a reverse of effect on the runtime, in regards to providing support here, if you drift my catch... I'll catch up with you on Discord.
    About including extensions in the game, I did not fully understand if it is better to have as little extensions as possible to minimize the risk of false positives? And if so, if you develop for a cross platform game where you have a lot of extensions in the frames that are only used on say Android but you build for PC, and they don't use these extensions when you build for PC should you manually remove them from the frames or are they not included in the build anyway?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took it as he meant the less external things that have to compile into the exe the lower the chance of getting false flagged.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    I took it as he meant the less external things that have to compile into the exe the lower the chance of getting false flagged.
    But do extensions that are not actually used on PC get compiled on build? Like if you have the inapp object for iOS in the frame and then build for PC? It says it ignores these extensions when you build, but not sure if it actually gets compiled somehow anyway because they are ni the frame so maybe you should manually remove them first?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there

This topic got me to be worried about my development with CTF

I have Windows 10 64 bit
    Bitdefender Total Security 2018
    Clickteam Fusion Developer Build 289.3.

I made a basic simple bouncing ball game and compiled it as .exe. Scanned it with Bitdefender and reported Clean. I can run it and play it without any problem.

Is my test OK or am I missing something?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well as long as you dont get errors you dont need to worry. But it's good to know that if you get a alert in the future it mostly likely is a false positive.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regarding code signing...do I need to be a limited company/corporation? I just bought a certificate but now they are asking for lawyers to do business credit reports and all kinds of nonsense...but I don't have a business..I'm just self employed. Anyone any experience with this?

If I need to be a limited company then I'm completely screwed..it means I cant get/use a code signing certificate. 6 months development down the pan now that I find out that virus checkers all see my app as a virus and I cant get a certificate because I'm not a limited company.

If only I'd known about this 6 months ago..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast