User Tag List

Thread: iOS won't destroy an object in HTML5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

iOS won't destroy an object in HTML5

Hi,
    I'm programming a quiz app in HTML5 but I'm having a problem where an object doesn't get reliably destroyed. This messes up the app and causes it to freeze. The object only has a "disappearing" animation so normally when it is created it will get destroyed automatically. On iOS it just stays there. I'm testing on an older iPad mini and it could be a processing speed issue but I need the app to work on all kinds of devices, even slow ones. I inactivated most of the code and the issue still occurs. The green diamond should appear then disappear but it always ends up staying and not getting destroyed after a while. I set it up for testing so that every half second the green diamond will appear. Then it should disappear. There is also a counter next to it showing how many there are. It should always be either 0 or 1 but sometimes it gets higher and then the diamond doesn't go away. You can see this behavior here: https://quizninja.net/studentquizpag...obile_new.html It seems fine on other devices (not iOS). This is a really basic event so I'm not sure why it should be a problem.

On another note, I only need the graphic in order to allow for a delay between two events. Is there another way to have an event fire after a delay? I haven't figured out how to do this yet, so using a disappearing graphic was my workaround. Thanks,
    Brett
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not the authority on this stuff but iOS seems to really strip down HTML5 content. Do a little googling and you'll find the limitations.

Why would they do this? Yo force you to use their app store!

I'm actually working on a huge HTML5 project and have conceded I'll need a separate iOS version.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you might be right about that. I'll look into it. What search terms do you suggest?