User Tag List

Thread: Firefly Issues with Uncapped/Changing Framerate

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firefly Issues with Uncapped/Changing Framerate

So I just got the Firefly addon package for Steam and I'm having a problem with allowing the Framerate to go above(or below) 60 FPS.
    I'm building off of the FPS scene of the example that came with Firefly. When I set the FPS from 60FPS to 240FPS the speed at which the Move FPS Camera Node With Gravity speeds up. To fix this, I've tried (speed * 60)/Framerate. This adjusts the speeds to be relative to how many frames there are. It seems to work for everything except the jump height. If I use it on the jump speed (0.5) the jump gets greatly reduced at 240FPS but if I don't use it the jump height is much higher than normal. It might be a problem with gravity (which uses the formula) but I don't believe it is.

Is there any way to fix this issue? I read in another forum post that the camera should have it's own FPS setting that differs from the application but I don't see that setting. The Firefly Engine has a Render speed, but this appears to just be a percentage of the global speed where frames are rendered and is still capped by the global FPS. I've tried added a timer to the event to run every 1/60th of a second, which works, but that is just a cheap 60FPS lock for compatibility and would still slow down below 60.

I want the game to run the same at 30FPS as it would at 240FPS so that any level of hardware configuration could run the game. Any help is appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try turning up the frame rate in the project settings and/or ticking machine independent speed