User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you work on your Fusion projects?

Voters
229. You may not vote on this poll
  • I always work on the graphics first, and then the code/logic

15 6.55%
  • I work mainly on the graphics, with some code/logic development at the same time

36 15.72%
  • I work on both evenly as I go along

54 23.58%
  • I work main on the code/logic, with some graphics work at the same time.

74 32.31%
  • I always work on the code/logic first, and then the graphics

50 21.83%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Do you work on graphics or programming first?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisperry1983 View Post

I also kinda document how the whole thing will be roughly setup. For example, the game I'm currently working on will have a level editor and ultimately/hopefully will have 100 levels. It will be a one-frame engine where I've built a level editor that saves the level data, and then gets loaded into the engine frame, rather than copy/pasting 100 level frames in the MFA.
    I've done it both ways - I have a game with 350 levels and that's over 2 frames because I ran out of space on frame 1. But where it's a very visual game and I need to lay out the game on screen or when every screen is going to be different then I prefer the visual of looking at the 100 levels - especially with casual games where the objective is to achieve "gold" rather than a score then having the visual in front of me makes it easier to move an object in order to make the game easier or harder. For me it's always a tough choice with Fusion - which way to go - put every level in its own frame or everything on one frame - but often the decision is made by there simply not being enough events to have everything on one frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to write the code in Active, and draw a simple icon in Active,
    But become a huge project ,usually forget what I wrote myself.
    Want to have a ////text annotation (Fast and easy to type and see,When the mouse over, it will show annotations)////
    in the Frame editor

I don't like string as a annotations in Frame editor ,
    because that would create more objects ,Looks like a lot of things in Event editor, and need to hide.

I will stay in the Frame editor for architecture and thinking,
    So the note in the frame editor is very important.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    3DBBQ that's an interesting notion... can you explain more what you mean about the annotations and how you would use them?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the appearance of my project,If there is a note function can help me recall.
    NOTE.jpgnote2.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In fact, "annotation" this is not the main way to solve the problem.
    Attachment 23776
    I think we need to strengthen the link between the frame editor and the event editor.
    Or every time I go to the event editor to find objects, spent a lot of time
    windows.jpg
    jump.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally! I personally really really hope that Fusion 3 lets you have both event editor and frame editor open at the same time (eg. On two monitors). Then, when you select an object on one, it could perhaps automatically select on the other.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or so you could reference an object's position properties in the frame. Really handy when you are coding positions.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DBBQ View Post
    In fact, "annotation" this is not the main way to solve the problem.
    Attachment 23776
    I think we need to strengthen the link between the frame editor and the event editor.
    Or every time I go to the event editor to find objects, spent a lot of time
    windows.jpg
    jump.jpg
    Yes! This would be very nice ideed!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also agree that it needs to be easier to find objects. It is often extremely irritating to find object when you have many, and it does not help that often they are not even showing in the same way or order. For example if you want to create a new object, or set ones object value to another you get a popup with all your objects to choose from, but they are not arranged in the same way. In the create object popup the arrangement and order of objects are in one way and in the other in another. I often have to spend time there just looking and searching through my objects to find the right one which is a big waste of time.

Also trying to arrange things, by dragging objects left or right in the event editors top bar is extremely slow etc. Maybe when you create a new object you could specify them to a "class", like enemy, hud, powerup etc. And then you could show and toggle things by classes to more quickly find things.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to work on graphics first, because I'm doing a lot of rendering. And occasionally the size and scope of the graphics I'm using makes it necessary to adapt the code around it (breaking things into loadable pieces so it doesn't overwhelm memory, for example, which has happened more than once.)

But I would be lying if I said it wasn't sometimes necessary to go back and make changes or revise graphics while I'm working on the code.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast