User Tag List

Thread: First steps with Firefly - crashes

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First steps with Firefly - crashes

Hi,

I was not completely convinced by Firefly but I wanted to give it a chance. I just tried the Disaster at Firefly Station example and it crashes 5 times in few minutes.

Where can I check the version of Firefly installed? It seems to be version 2.0 but I am not sure.

I cannot say more about the bug at the moment: just that it crashes 4 times by loading resources and once in middle of the game.
    Perhaps with Debug extension from Phi I can give you more infos.

Is it a known issue?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Current version is 1.7a. Not sure how to check it though. Do you have the standalone or steam version? As far as crashing: I'm assuming your running the game from the mfa. Have you moved anything? Is he zip file still with the mfa file?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I am running the game from the mfa. I did not move anything.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour je confirme le dit de conceptgame je vient de le test le MFA dans fusion et il arrive que au chargement il se ploque qu elle que minute mais pas tout le temps et repend pour arrive au menu. dans la zone du jeux la il bug.
    j ai remarque il y a pas les infos du début et la station et les dépris n'apparaisse pas que si on lance la version EXE qui et avec le ZIP la il y a pas de problème tout et bien la.si on le compile nous même en version exe il y aurra les même bug.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just to highlight that disaster source will not work without the models - it is for learning only

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thanks for reporting this Triadan. I missed the note on the Clickstore abou this.
    But then it would be good to report an error and add safety checks when loading or using resources if they do not exist. At the moment, it is just crashing randomly.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the notes are there in the debug notes - if your catching them and reading them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your answer Triadian. I suppose you mean "Draw Debug Data" by nodes and "Get Last Debug Message" by the engine. Indeed it is useful but since there is no IOException handling or similar, it is crashing before you can get any text displayed.
    Or did I miss a log file and you are catching exceptions when they occur?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was get last debug i was referring too - nothing stopping you doing a always output to ini or textfile etc

but yeah i agree it is a bit harsh not being able to process before they happen - i might consider an non default export all to file - for cases like this