User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Object pairing / attachment (moved from Fusion 3 Progress thread)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    (This should work for delete:

Attachment 23731

autopair doesn't really establish a link between the instances involved, it just pair a number of object with another same number of object,
    you just have to make sure the number is always the same

though I agree with mobichan on the limited use and generally prefer the foreach approach,
    but autopairing is still a powerful tool and should be sensibly faster than the "safer" instance-bounded approaches
    sorry for continuing the OT... )
    Interesting for sure.

Has anyone noticed that with many instances + foreach things can still get mixed up?

For example, when you have mutliple enemies that use the same sensor if you have a bunch of enemies code will not trigger unless the conditions are met for EVERY instance of the enemy, even though the conditions are being checked within a foreach loop.

The only work around I have found is to also compare the fixed value of the enemies within the foreach loop as well.

So:
    On each of "Enemy" Loop "Fall"
    + Enemy ground sensor is not overlapping a backdrop
    - Set current status to "Falling"

Becomes:

On each of "Enemy"
    - Set Counter to Fixed Value of "Enemy"

On each of "Enemy" Loop "Fall"
    + Fixed Value of "Enemy" = Counter
    + Enemy ground sensor is not overlapping a backdrop
    - Set current status to "Falling"

Is there a more efficient way to do this? This works for me 100% of the time. For each loops alone work for me 0% of the time - when speaking multiple instances that use 1 sensor.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GaemstaerX23: That isn't a bug but the way that ForEach loops scope the objects they are run on. The instances of the ForEach object are only included in the loop if they meet the conditions that start the loop. We would need to see the event line that starts your loop to know for sure. But you should do this in a new forum thread. This one has gone a bit off topic.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Object pairing / attachment (moved from Fusion 3 Progress thread)

I've moved the discussion here because it's a useful one, but it shouldn't be in the F3 thread.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So wants the point in programming with fixed values if they'll change?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it gives each object a unique identifier. And you can use that identifier to find and scope that particular object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retrobolt View Post
    So wants the point in programming with fixed values if they'll change?
    Because they'll never change during playtime, and are absolutely unique - no other instances or any other objects can ever share the same fixed value. In general, you (the developer) shouldn't need to know (or care) what a fixed value even is. All that matters is that two (or more) objects that are meant to be together know what each others' fixed values are. Like in this example:

At no point do I know what the fixed value of the pears actually are. Maybe one is #235235 while another is #958373, while next time I run it they'll be something different. It doesn't matter. The important thing is that when the worm and hat are created, they have the fixed value of a pear 'branded into' them, so to speak. So in event 5, we can use that fixed value to tell each worm and each hat to go to its parent pear by using the pear's fixed value. We don't know what the fixed value is, and we don't care. All that matters is that the worm and the hat know what it is.

And it doesn't matter that tomorrow, when I run the MFA again, the fixed value will be something else, because the worms and hats in event 2 will again learn whatever the relevant, new fixed values are, and they won't forget them for the rest of the playsession. For a more detailed breakdown, scroll down to the "manual scoping" section of my scoping article.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volnaiskra-

Thank you, I understand it perfectly now.

No hard coding the actual numbers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In godot you can parent objects (nodes) to other objects in the editor like this:
    PzjwmxK.jpg

You can save a node structure and instance it inside other node structures
    http://docs.godotengine.org/en/stabl...nstancing.html

This is by far it's strongest design point- it blows all other engines out of the water with that single point imo. Even Unity's approach is not as flexible and simple
    B5Ky60XIUAAqvHF.jpg

If fusion 3 adopts something similar to that approach in the editor- not just runtime - it will make game development so much simpler than other engines. Combine it with the event sheet and you will have a very powerful engine- more user friendly than godot. But right now, the way pairing is done in 2.5 - in the runtime, and instancing/variation is done - again the runtime- those things work against user friendliness. It is less user friendly than godot on those points, and also very limited and clunky.

That is why I am eagerly awaiting Fusion 3 and am very much excited about it. Clickteam is finally addressing those points head on!
    Fusion 3's editor will go nuclear when it gets better approach to scene structure

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was introduced to nodes in Toon Boom Harmony, and they're absolutely terrific. I'd love for Fusion 3 to have a node system.

I seem to remember one of the blogs describing something like a node system for the Fusion 3 storyboard editor - though I don't know if that will carry through into actual object management, or just be at the scene level.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was noted in the dev blog

http://www.clickteam.com/fusion-3-development-blog?f3id=8656

frame_hierarchy.png

Posted on: October 17, 2016
    Hello again, check out our second post of our Fusion3 development blog. Today we want to talk about the hot button issue of code reuse. We think you will like what you see so far. Also we wanted to send out a thank you for the positive feedback on our first blog post.
    One of the features that you, our users, asked for the most is better reuse of events. We wanted to do better than simply copy-pasting frames full of events or making a mess out of global events. So how can you solve the problem of wanting to reuse as much of your events as you can while maintaining a clear structure?
    Enter the frame hierarchy…
    Typically you either event most of your gameplay in one frame and copy that across your other frames or put them in global events or similar. With the Fusion 3 frame hierarchy you can put all your usual gameplay code into one frame and have a whole set of “sub-frames” inherit all your objects and events from the “parent”-frame. You can then in the child-frames design your levels without having to do anything else.
    frame_hierarchy
    You can in your child-frames add even more objects and events if you wish. In the example above for the “Boss battles” frame we could have added a “Boss health bar” object and various events taking care of other boss-battle related things. This could easily be reused for all the other boss battles in the game so we put that into a frame for itself. Then inside the boss battle frames “First boss” and “▄ber boss” you would have all the events and objects available from both “Gameplay” and “Boss battles”. With this hierarchy your event structure will be so much simpler and easier to manage.
    The real question is -can you instance them? Save them as files and instance them in other files?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast