User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fusion Mac Editor doesn't work with latest MacOS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion Mac Editor doesn't work with latest MacOS

I've just tried opening CF2.5 Mac & CF2.5 Dev Mac on my Mac with MacOS 10.13 High Sierra installed and neither of the editors work.

I'm assuming this is because the Wine wrapper is 32 bit. Apple stated that High Sierra would be the last MacOS to support 32 bit as they are dropping 32 bit support next year, so they should still work in theory until then.

Is there a new version of Wine that works with High Sierra? Is there a 64 bit version of wine?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found a thread on fantasygrounds.com where a member solved a problem with Wineskin and High Sierra - perhaps this will help with Fusion.

MAC High Sierra: Wineskin Fails
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Wineskin-Fails

Here are the setting in Wineskin - Screen Options:

- Override Settings: Rootless (windowed)
    - Virtual Desktop at: Current Resolution
    - Install Options: Force normal windows
    - Override Wine control of Screen Settings? Override
    - Other Options: Decorate windows

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried the above settings and the editor launches!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made some changes to the above settings:

Instead of 'Override Settings: Rootless (windowed)' I changed it to 'Fullscreen' - this makes the interface look as it should be.

I also checked 'Use Mac Driver instead of X11'

I unchecked 'Auto Detect GPU info for Direct3D' and 'Use Direct 3D Boost (if available)'

Edit: It seems you may have to keep 'Use Mac Driver instead of X11' unchecked the first time you launch Fusion otherwise it won't launch.

You get a pop up window saying, "Do you want the application "WineskinX11" to accept incoming network connections?" Click 'allow'

The screen will go black and Fusion will launch in the normal Windows interface.

After you close Fusion you can go in to Wineskin settings again and check 'Use Mac Driver instead of X11' and next time it'll work properly without the black background and being windowed. It's a bit of a work around, but it works!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey AND, thanks for posting this and well done for working out a solution so quickly. Having just bought the Mac editor my heart sank when I started reading your first post but fortunately it sounds like it won't be too much of a problem.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For info you just have to unselect "Auto detect GPU info for Direct3D".

For the ones who don't know how to do:

- right click the Fusion icon and select "Open package"
    - double click "Wineskin"
    - click "Set Screen Options" and unselect "Auto detect GPU info for Direct3D"

Hopefully I can include this in a regular patch...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Actually it seems it's a bit more complicated than deselecting a single option...

You have to select/unselect the options mentioned above (Override, Virtual Desktop, etc), run it to test it works, and then you can reselect all the normal options except "Auto detect GPU"... Will try to find a better solution.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried the options mentioned above and I still can't start Fusion 2.5 anymore. I even tried re-installing the whole app from the ZIP file including making the Wineskin changes on it again, but nothing will launch.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

My Mac runs 2 other Windows apps through (Through Winebottler, not Wineskin) and those still work fine.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Slaz, just to confirm - are you running the public version of High Sierra or a new beta version?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Hi Slaz, just to confirm - are you running the public version of High Sierra or a new beta version?
    I'm running the public version that was published on the Mac App Store.

Setting 'Use Mac Driver instead of W11' to off does give me a process, but no indication or response of anything running inside it. I can only force quit it. I have tried all settings and combinations in there, but for the record here's what those windows currently look like for me:

FusionMac1.png

FusionMac2.png

Are the versions of the Wrapper the same? My Mac version came from the Humble Bundle last year.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast