User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fusion Mac Editor doesn't work with latest MacOS

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just downloaded the Humble Bundle CF2.5 Mac editor and I can't even get Wineskin to open - it gets stuck on 'Busy... Wineskin is currently busy Please Wait...'

Anyway, looking at your second screenshot, I've got my Override Settings on 'Fullscreen'

Try that, and if it doesn't work you could ask Yves if he could send you an updated version.

Here are the screen shots from the Developer version - we have the same Wrapper version and Engine version.

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 8.36.20.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-04 at 8.37.01.jpgScreen Shot 2017-10-04 at 8.43.58.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Wineskin within the Humble Bundle Mac editor to open using Terminal and I found there was a problem launching the CF2.5 app even after I changed the Wineskin screen settings. But then I went in to advanced settings, clicked on 'Test Run' and the installation process started working. After it installed it said there was a newer version of CF2.5, so I installed that.

However when I tried launching Fusion again by clicking on the app icon, nothing happened.

Update: I tried launching Fusion again by going in to Wineskin/Advanced Options/Test Run.

That worked, so I closed CF2.5 and launched it again from its app icon and it worked - success!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got no problem starting up Wineskin using Finder, haven't used the Terminal. However, whenever I try to do a Test Run, it'll say 'A tool is running' forever without anything visible happening. Only thing I could do then is to 'Kill all Wineskin processes' by clicking that button and it'll show some log files. The log file for X11 says no apparent errors and will initiate OpenGL. The Wine log however says: wineserver: Can't check in server_mach_port. wine: for some mysterious reason, the wine server failed to run.

Selecting fullscreen will give me a black screen with just a mouse cursor.

Deselecting fullscreen will open up the program, with a 'Clickteam Fusion 2.5' title present in the menu bar, but no visible windows or anything.

Selecting 'Use Mac Driver instead of X11' will never give me anything visible. It definitely tries to run something but hangs as my Mac can't properly shut down or restart after trying this. At least 3 processes with .exe names originating from Clickteam Fusion 2.5.app will keep running and have to be quit from Terminal or Activity monitor.

I've also tried the 'Open in 32-bit mode' option from both Wineskin.app and Clickteam Fusion 2.5.app's Info menu but no success.

Does CF2.5 store any information in other places than it's own app package? Could leftover data cause the problem of no windows appearing? I've tried opening the .app fresh from several locations including the user/applications folder.

ToolRunning.png

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think CF2.5 stores any information in other places outside of the app. There's something definitely bad going on with Wineskin here. Someone put a video up on YouTube a few days ago with a very detailed workaround. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDjWNWM3Y7w

He also gave a link to web pages with news about Wineskin and High Sierra: https://goo.gl/5w78yz

I went to the Wineskin website, but there doesn't seem to be any news about this problem, as their latest news is dated 31st Jan 2017.

I hope the YouTube video might help you. I can't explain why I got it working on my public release of High Sierra and you can't get it working on yours - and we both experienced different types of problems too. Perhaps it's something to do with the graphics cards we have on our Macs. I have a 2010 Mac mini with a NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB graphics card.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I primarily use a MacBook Air at the moment (2015) with Intel HD Graphics 6000 (1536MB).

My household also has a Mac Mini (2014) just upgraded to High Sierra, so I tried Fusion on there with the recommended settings (fullscreen, etc) and guess what: it works. I didn't even have to use Winetricks to spoof video memory like suggested in the video.

However, it's more important to me that Fusion works on that MacBook. So, I tried applying those Winetricks on there and the commands don't even execute. Wineskin gets stuck before any text is seen on the Winetricks status screen. Trying to refresh or rebuild the Wrapper will also crash it.

Next I tried unzipping another Fusion .app to a different location (my user/downloads folder) instead of the usual /applications. Now it gets stuck on the 'Winetricks is currently busy, please wait' screen right after starting. I tried running it through the Open command in the Terminal, but it does the same thing.

What did you do/enter in the Terminal to get it to open properly?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like it very well could be a graphics card thing going on if you got it working on your Mac mini but not your MacBook Air.

When I got the 'Winetricks is currently busy, please wait' screen, I right-clicked on Wineskin and selected Show Package Contents.

Then I opened Terminal and dragged the file 'Wineskin' from inside the Wineskin/Contents/MacOS folder to just in front of the cursor in Terminal and pressed Enter. The Wineskin app then opened to the familiar options screen.

I hope it works for you - good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That seemed to work getting back into Wineskin, yet the same problems still persist: the empty screen without content.

I tried loading something else into Wineskin to see if that gave me a window (Notepad.exe), but nothing.

Next I tried to straight up copy the working Fusion 2.5 .app package from the Mac Mini to the MacBook Air with the Winetricks applied, and again the same problems.

I'm afraid I have to give up on this for now, until more information and research is available on the case.

I can do stuff like sprite work, and if I have to test things in Fusion I can do so regularly on the Mac Mini. Not by far a permanent solution for me, and I might consider downgrading the MacBook Air to regular Sierra.

I'll wait this one out for a bit, but thanks for all the help AND, really appreciate the deep troubleshooting!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Np! Sorry to hear you couldn't get Fusion to work on the MacBook Air. Let's hope there's an upgrade to Wineskin soon...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking about your problem again and remembered you saying your graphics card has 1536MB of memory which needs far more VRAM than mine, and I guess your Mac mini too. I found this advice on the Reddit macgaming forum:

In Wineskin "Set screen options" uncheck "autotedect GPU". Then run the winetricks "videomemorysize" settings to select the amount of VRAM accordingly to your graphic card.

https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/c...n_please_help/

Try that and see if it works

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion Mac Editor doesn't work with latest MacOS

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    Try that and see if it works
    Iíve tried doing this with Winetricks but it hangs right after Wine is launched to apply the setting.

After trying 2 other apps using other iterations of Wine (Winebottler bundled), I found that those donít work either. In each case, several processes related to Wine get started (such as wineserver) but no GUI stuff gets created whatsoever.

Using ĎCommand Line Wine Testí from the Wineskin menu, I can definitely confirm the Wine process is responding to Terminal commands, even Winetricks is open to commands. Yet I donít know if itís even possible to set videomemorysize from there. I have tried looking it up but couldnít find any clear info. I could only get it to list the Winetricks settings.

Anyway, it seems like the problem is likely at the Wine engine itself rather than the wrapper like Wineskin, as at least anything GUI related on any iteration of Wine will hang. Still I really wonder why that doesnít happen on the Mac Mini. Video RAM is the same on both systems, itís just the GPU model number is a slightly newer version on the Macbook Air. Software is the same, as well as most accounts and settings on the OS.

Iíve been thinking, maybe the difference is with the screen initialization? The Mac Miniís monitor is connected through a DVI interface while the MacBookís internal screen uses the DisplayPort protocol. Maybe Apple changed the DisplayPort protocol in a way that Wine doesnít understand? Itís just an idea, and I donít have a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter or AirPlay compatible TV to test this with an external screen.

Maybe someone else with a MacBook, or especially the MacBook Air from 2015, could test Fusion or any other Wine app? I doubt that Iím the only person with this persisting problem.

And lastly, after I try to start any GUI Wine process that hangs, I canít properly restart or shutdown the Mac during that session, even after manually force quitting all processes created by the Wine app. The shutdown screen will show the grey Ďcircleí spinning forever until I hold the power button. Seems like that MacBook hasnít got a taste for Wine.. :p

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast