User Tag List

Thread: Voice recording and pitch detection

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Voice recording and pitch detection

Hello, could anyone help me on either of these issues? I would like a way to record audio and then detect its pitch.

Thanks Lucas.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download Audacity http://www.audacityteam.org/download/

There is the Nyquist pitch detect plugin you can download for it http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Ny...s#Pitch_Detect

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry i meant in Fusion

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that is what i found from my research however there are no tutorials on them or anything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Lukiester,

If you just need the frequency of the the sample recording, it is called "Sample Frequency" under Sound Events.
    If you need something more sophiscated (detecting the pitch/frequency of the sound recorded), I developped an extension to change the pitch here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/82533-Beta-SoundTouch
    Not to detect it though. Since audacity and its Nyquist plugin (Pitch Detect is using it) is open source, it should be able to reproduce the same thing in CF2.5 with an extension.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats great thanks so much, any way of detecting volume levels, not of the whole thing but each section?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry im confused as to how the pitch can be constant throughout the whole track, is it not constantly changing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what the extension is doing: http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/SoundTouch

If I understand you correctly, you want to get the dominant frequency within the whole recording. It is exactly what you can achieve with Audacity plugin like Nyquist.
    It is not as easy maths as it looks like, Fast Fourier Transform and other similar complex maths are required. That's why better go with the plugin.
    If you do not want to make an extension, you may build the source code of the plugin and use it from CF2.5 with custom arguments coded on your own.
    Last possibility I see which can be the easiest one is to use command line utilities like Sox with its spectrogram analysis: http://sox.sourceforge.net/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, thanks a lot.