User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 5 reasons to not use a cracked version of Fusion 2.5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @GamerH2 - What the hell are you talking about? You need to step down a peg, I was offering suggestions.

@Simon @Danny - Why don't you offer better social awareness for Developers using your software, set up a system to get Click games out there to more people. This feature should only be for Clickteam Fusion Developer. - Advertise in a big way, we will market your games on social media if you have developer status (Developer version).

I think that will get more people to get Fusion. Work with your customers to sell their games. THINK BIG!
    Clickteam's own Steam! Why don't you colab with Gamejolt or something? More money for your company.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadDevVan101 View Post
    I'll just go on record here and say I used to use a Pirated Copy of Fusion 2.5 before having the chance to purchase it while it was on sale on Steam (I checked exactly and my purchase was on June 20th, 2015). so I will say that while I do pirate software from time to time I want to try and purchase the software I had used and wish to continue using when I can simply out of respect for the software, it's developers, and out of some sort of morals I have (though if I had better morals I wouldn't have pirated the software to begin with, sorry D.

In short, yes but only if they have intent to pay for the software they wrongfully used when they have the funds/ the price is low enough for them to be able to purchase it.
    Good to see you proofed my negative assumption wrong to some extend, there's hope out there^^

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard that studios themselves actually releases broken versions of their games sometimes to annoy pirates so much that they are more or less forced to buy a legirimate copy. I know that cracked versions of fusion kills the update function and that is great but it would be freaking hilarious if you would actually let them update...but what they get is an update that completely ruins the program and make it useless for them.

I'm no coder though (That's why I use your awesome software) so I don't know if that would even be possible but since you can't update a cracked version must mean that fusion senses a cracked version so there must be a way to go from there and mess it up for the pirates :-D

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownzilla View Post
    I've heard that studios themselves actually releases broken versions of their games sometimes to annoy pirates so much that they are more or less forced to buy a legirimate copy. I know that cracked versions of fusion kills the update function and that is great but it would be freaking hilarious if you would actually let them update...but what they get is an update that completely ruins the program and make it useless for them.

I'm no coder though (That's why I use your awesome software) so I don't know if that would even be possible but since you can't update a cracked version must mean that fusion senses a cracked version so there must be a way to go from there and mess it up for the pirates :-D
    I agree with this guy here, there must be a way to corrupt their builds and add a message saying some along the lines of

"Purchace the full version or try the free version, don't be a pirate. Have a nice day "

That would be awesome.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can assure you that burning their projects down to the ground will guarantee that they won't buy Fusion at all but instead run around spreading rumours about how evil Clickteam is.

And implementing a bunch of terrible DRM licensing stuff will only harm the user base who actually bought a legal license. Pirates will eventually removes these road blocks for themselves while the rest still has to put up with them. Not to mention the times when agressive DRM fails and thinks a legal user is a pirate(Hi Microsoft). In the end you'll only end up punishing the people that you want to keep engaged in your product.

However you can't really pirate a great community(yet?) so I am all cool with only confirmed users getting into the delicious parts of the forums. After all, new users need all help they can get, pirate or not. So suddenly there is at least one good reason to go fetch that wallet.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How CT liberated the forums. ... sorry for that post, but Dolph Lundgren really shines...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUWZ9nv0WQ

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if they have a message saying something like "your copy is not legitimate. Updating could cause serious problems" i don't think they deserve it though but then they even get a warning for using a pirate version so then there's nothing "evil" about clickteam at all. But there never was in the first place though

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    How CT liberated the forums. ... sorry for that post, but Dolph Lundgren really shines...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUWZ9nv0WQ
    so who does dolph represent...clickteam...or the pirates?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CT, the guys down there are pirates :p

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For twenty years, I have made it a point to spend money on software rather than pirating it.

Spending years in IT support and dealing with hack after hack on systems where users compromised the integrity of their operating systems with torrents and pirated software has been good for my employment but very bad for those folks. I have seen people waste thousands of dollars on support when they could have very easily paid a modicum of that to just use non-pirated software. I have seen large corporations taken to the cleaners by Adobe and Microsoft for effectively attempting to use unlicensed software professionally. I've also seen single users get their systems cryptolocked and lose all of their data and go through contortions trying to get their bank accounts under control.

The average dude on his desktop has no clue how much he is costing software developers when he uses cracked software. We're talking money invested in the product, time spent developing the product, reliance on a revenue stream to keep the company in business, keeping food on the table to feed their families, etc. Moreover he has no idea what is going to happen inevitably to his system when he gets hacked, loses his WoW account, bank account, credit score, etc. All that for "free" software from your friendly scuzzball Russian or Chinese hacker.

On the flip side of things, certain software packages do not offer value beyond basic upgrades. Adobe CS is one of those -- for the average indie developer, before you make any money, it's just cost prohibitive when you have myriad open source or less expensive alternatives (especially Affinity) that are going for the left-over market. But that's the point - you want to hit those areas of the market where there is an obvious sentiment and desire for a product.

I would like to encourage the Clickteam staff to focus on making Fusion 3 a targeted professional application for professionals rather than just an "anyone can be a game developer" application. Fusion 2.5 is already serious software on that path. Make Fusion 3 even more valuable to indie developers and avoid the Adobe monthly model at the same time. Blow the competition out of the water.

And be a little exclusive with your customer base. It works for smaller businesses like 3D-Coat.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast