User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem with game crashing on Big Fish Games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisnart View Post
    Yes you will need the launcher, ask them to make you one, unless you know how to do it yourself.
    Is it hard to to myself? Do you have an example of your launcher? I assume it needs to be created in Fusion also, but you said they provided a launcher for you?

According to their response it seems they want me to make the launcher:

"I did see that the Tisnart games were built with this engine, and used the workaround method you described. It should work for Plantera as well. Just as he described, you will need to create the launcher .exe that we will apply our DRM to. It must have these requirements:

- A launcher.exe file will run the game.exe. This is the file that will be protected by the DRM (Armadillo).

- This launcher.exe and game.exe are dependent on each other. When the DRM stops launcher.exe, the main executable (_____.exe) will also be stopped. It should work the other way too. When the main executable is stopped, the launcher is stopped.

- And last, make sure the main executable can't be launch by double-clicking it. That's why we have the launcher.exe (made without .NET). This will prevent people from bypassing the DRM.

I hope all goes well with this method. If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know."

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Is it hard to to myself? Do you have an example of your launcher? I assume it needs to be created in Fusion also, but you said they provided a launcher for you?
    Yes, they created the launcher for me so I do not have an example to give you. The person I dealt with knew how to make one and just did it for me without me even asking for it, perhaps you could ask if someone their could make one for you.
    I haven't tried to make one myself but I'm sure it can't be that hard, If you learn how perhaps you can share how you did it
    Good luck

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisnart View Post
    Yes, they created the launcher for me so I do not have an example to give you. The person I dealt with knew how to make one and just did it for me without me even asking for it, perhaps you could ask if someone their could make one for you.
    I haven't tried to make one myself but I'm sure it can't be that hard, If you learn how perhaps you can share how you did it
    Good luck
    Oh, do you know the name of the person? So the launcher was just an exe file, it was not actually made in Fusion? Also do you think your launcher could work for my game also? Or was it custom made for your game?

Also I am a little confused by their last request "And last, make sure the main executable can't be launch by double-clicking it. That's why we have the launcher.exe (made without .NET). This will prevent people from bypassing the DRM."

How can I make so my .exe is not possible to launch by double clicking on it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think his launcher would work as it points to specific .exe file.
    The launcher .exe isn't probably made with Fusion because then it would also crash when they apply the DRM to it. It only acts as an "vessel", your game must check if the launcher .exe is still running in the background (as it holds the DRM).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Oh, do you know the name of the person? So the launcher was just an exe file, it was not actually made in Fusion? Also do you think your launcher could work for my game also? Or was it custom made for your game?

Also I am a little confused by their last request "And last, make sure the main executable can't be launch by double-clicking it. That's why we have the launcher.exe (made without .NET). This will prevent people from bypassing the DRM."

How can I make so my .exe is not possible to launch by double clicking on it?
    The launcher made for my games will not work for yours as J3sseM has explained, I sure someone there will make one for you if you ask. I will send you a PM with the name of the person who helped me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually got a response now that the launcher will not work anyway :/ They are trying to find another solution, but also that I should keep my eyes open if there is another way to build the game that would work? Not sure if that is possible though?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2