User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Problem with game crashing on Big Fish Games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Problem with game crashing on Big Fish Games

I got one of my games accepted on the Big Fish Games store, but they sent an email that they have problem with the game crashing when they put their wrapper on it. I have no idea how to solve this though and what I can do? Are there other games made in Fusion that have released on Big Fish Games? http://www.bigfishgames.com/

"I'm preparing your title, Plantera, for testing
    here at Big Fish Games. Unfortunately, after wrapping your provided PC
    build with our proprietary DRM software, we're experiencing an issue
    that is causing the game to crash when attempting to launch it from
    our game manager client. Can you tell me what program this game was
    compiled or created with? We do experience conflictions with games
    that have been built using Microsoft Visual Studios 2015. If this was
    used in the creation of the build, you will need to use Visual Studios
    2013 to compile the game so that it will be compatible with our DRM.

I look forward to hearing from you soon and addressing this matter, so
    that we can get the game into the testing queue as soon as possible
    and on the road to release!"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still stuck on this problem. Anyone have any suggestions? Are Fusion games built using Microsoft Visual Studios 2015?

Clicker iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote :"The UWP Export module allows you to build games and apps that can be deployed to the Windows 10 eco-system and the Xbox One*. Create your games and apps like normal in Clickteam Fusion or Clickteam Fusion Developer and with a click of a mouse you can export out a Visual Studio project.

With Visual Studio you compile the project and deploy it for Windows 10 PCs, Windows 10 Mobile phones, Windows Surface tablets, and the Xbox One."

So.........while I dont think F2.5 does when making a normal game/app, I would say that the UWP has to because of Win 10/Xbox.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Outcast,

I had similar issues when releasing my games with BigFish.
    The reason is the result of them using an older DRM program (Armadillo SoftwarePassPort v8.60.) to wrap their games and they have problems when it comes to wrapping fusion made games.

How it worked out for me > they created a launcher.exe for me that would launch my game , this wold run in the background as a form of DRM (checking for time trial, etc). I had to use the Process Viewer extension inside my game to always check if thier launcher was still running in the background, If it wasn't, there was an event that closed the game.

So basically, a player would launch my game using their launcher that would launch my game.

Tip: don't use any additional periods in your titles, for example Mygame 1.0.exe instead use Underscores > Mygame1_0.exe. App

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made an example of how I used the Process Viewer in my games if it helps

Cheers!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a smart solution, thank you for sharing.

Btw, why to have your game on Big Fish Games? Curious about this.
    I've one project that would be great on HTML5 or mobile devices, but I'm not sure what to do with it, hehe.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisnart View Post
    Hi Outcast,

I had similar issues when releasing my games with BigFish.
    The reason is the result of them using an older DRM program (Armadillo SoftwarePassPort v8.60.) to wrap their games and they have problems when it comes to wrapping fusion made games.

How it worked out for me > they created a launcher.exe for me that would launch my game , this wold run in the background as a form of DRM (checking for time trial, etc). I had to use the Process Viewer extension inside my game to always check if thier launcher was still running in the background, If it wasn't, there was an event that closed the game.

So basically, a player would launch my game using their launcher that would launch my game.

Tip: don't use any additional periods in your titles, for example Mygame 1.0.exe instead use Underscores > Mygame1_0.exe. App
    Thank you Tisnart! How can I test to see if it works, do I need this launcher.exe from Big Fish first?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Thank you Tisnart! How can I test to see if it works, do I need this launcher.exe from Big Fish first?
    Yes you will need the launcher, ask them to make you one, unless you know how to do it yourself.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J3sseM View Post
    That's a smart solution, thank you for sharing.

Btw, why to have your game on Big Fish Games? Curious about this.
    I've one project that would be great on HTML5 or mobile devices, but I'm not sure what to do with it, hehe.
    Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but for me I focus on PC games only (ATM) and I work with most of the game portals, iWin, Gamehouse, BigFish, WildTangent, etc.
    BigFish has had the largest financial return (for me) and I believe they are biggest.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisnart View Post
    Well, I can't speak for anybody else, but for me I focus on PC games only (ATM) and I work with most of the game portals, iWin, Gamehouse, BigFish, WildTangent, etc.
    BigFish has had the largest financial return (for me) and I believe they are biggest.
    Huh interesting, I'm selling on Steam myself but I'm always "in" for some extra income. Care to share any of your success, thinking if I should contact Big Fish Games myself.
    Sorry, not meaning to hijack this thread!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast