User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Build 290.1 - Beta version

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the named flags are awesome and something that was really needed... althought it has made something really stand out.
    the flags result text, needs to be changed from ON/OFF to TRUE / FALSE.
    when reading the named flag it makes a lot more sense to use true false, its something that immediately became obvious - at least to me.

example:
    i am using a flag [flag0] to state the player is standing on the ground and pressing space bar jumps...

old:
    Upon pressing [Spacebar]
    + Flag0 is On
    >> do the jump

current
    Upon pressing [Spacebar]
    + Player standing on ground is On
    >> do the jump

wants**
    Upon pressing [Spacebar]
    +Player standing on ground is True
    >> do the jump

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I think changing the ON/OFF at this stage would just add confusion for new users who are following all the many tutorials, guides and books which say ON/OFF and not TRUE/FALSE.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i can get by... but it comes down to what we all used to call "French Logic" , and heres another one

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ON/OFF and TRUE/FALSE isn't it a one and the same?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with danjo.
    "On / Off" should be replaced with "True / False", for the same reason that "Frame" should be replaced with "Scene" (if not in CF2.5, then certainly in CF3) - there's simply no good reason for Clickteam not to adopt the same standard conventions as other programming languages and game engines, where such conventions exist.
    If the term "Switch" had been used instead of "Flag", then it might make sense, since physical switches are commonly either "On" or "Off", and rarely if ever "True" or "False" - but "Flag" is a term specific to computer programming (it has nothing to do with the kind of flag you wave around, which can't be switched on/off), and the standard convention for programming languages is that a flag be either "True" or "False".

That being said, Yay for named flags! I've always avoided using flags in the past (and recommended others do the same), purely because they couldn't be named (making code much harder to read and debug), so this is a useful enhancement

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    There is a very good reason for Fusion 2.5 and its predecessors which is that ALL of the documentation, tutorials, guides, books, teaching courses and more are all written using the naming as it stands. The naming is perfectly understandable and particularly in the case of flags on/off are direct analogues of true/false, 1/0. There is simply no justifcation for changing them now in existing products, quite the contrary, it would be detrimental for our customers. Fusion 3 is another matter potentially, that will be for the devs to decide but it also depends on other factors which I can't get into. For Fusion 2.5 it is not going to change.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Simon on this one. Worst case scenario, our events don't make semantic narrative sense. But surely we'll still know what it means.

Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth here, we just got a REALLY awesome qaulity of life update.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah. I personally don't really care if its On/Off or True/False, I can still make sense of it just fine. Though I'll post a quick idea just in case it could work! How about a toggle option somewhere in Preferences?

Like: Preferences > Event Editor > "Replace "On/Off" with "True/False" for Flags

Then flipping that check-box would toggle between the labels that shows up in the Event editor. The default setting being "On/Off" so people would actually have to flip it themselves, making it unlikely for beginners to have the True/False labels enabled when they're reading tutorials/documentation.

I've got no clue how hard that would be to implement though! It's just an idea that came up as I skimmed recent posts here.

Then again this seems like a rather low-prio thing compared to the other wish list items we've got filled up through the years!

*goes back to organizing his brand new flags*

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the thoughts but as I said, this one isn't going to change. It would give zero functional difference and would take a dev's time away from F3, which is completely pointless at this stage.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i'm with simon on this one. as it's not actually broken, it's just preference, & sum wud argue they want it to remain the way it is

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast