User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: VACCiNE 2 - an improved universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @PBarwick . Sorry, I missed these posts earlier.

Yes, I think you're right about the preceding-tick thing. I can't remember for sure, but I'm pretty sure the reason I did it this way was because it was less complicated in the long-run. Certain parts of VACCiNE do need to be at the bottom to work correctly, such as most of the the debugger stuff (so that it can accurately read the states of various values/strings/animations, once they have finished being twisted and turned by your game's events). So I had to either put everything at the end, or split up VACCiNE into two parts. The latter option seemed clunky and with greater potential for mess ups, so I opted to put everything at the end. I figured that input lag of 1/60th of a frame (or 1/120th in Spryke's case, as its engine runs at 120fps) wouldn't really be noticeable anyway - though I never actually tested this.

I think you're very right to point this out. I've since included "input only" versions of VACCiNE that don't contain most of the debugger stuff, so it doesn't really make sense to keep everything at the end in those cases. I think I'll have to look into this. I'll try and make a quick 1-tick-delay and 0-tick-delay version and get some testers together to compare between them to see if there's any discernible input lag in the 1-tick-delay version. If so, then I'll try and modify VACCiNE to remove the 1-tick lag.

I probably won't have time to look into this for many months though, so I can't promise anything. But if anyone is particularly interested in this, it's certainly something you can do yourself, so have a go at shifting the appropriate code yourself. It may literally be as simple as dragging the VACCiNE - INPUT group to the front of your code. Though I'd need to look into it closer to be 100% sure that there isn't some other event or component that needs to be tweaked also.

Yes, the right stick has a stronger deadzone. I personally found that this was beneficial. The right stick is easy to knock by accident when hitting buttons with your right hand. And because it typically spends a lot of time without the player's finger on it, it's more likely to wobble around when the gamepad is moved vigorously. So I gave it a deadzone of about 300, whereas the left stick has a deadzone of 150. You can easily change this though, by modifying the number highlighted below:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks @Volnaiskra , really helpful notes! And don't worry about taking a little while to reply, I wasn't in any hurry! I moved everything to the top of my event list, everything seems to work well there, but I've likely not tested it to the extent you would.

The most important debugger items to me, all to do with the controller states all work well up there. I'll keep an eye on things and let you know how it goes.

That's interesting to know about the deadzones, thanks! I read through all your code but missed that detail! I'll likely set them to be the same because of how I intend to use it. I've customised some of the code already (in very small ways) to facilitate the control scheme I need - and I have to say thank you for documenting everything so well! It's very refreshing!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you or anyone else ever combined all the vol products. Like the gamepad and camera engine.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra Don't have two ControlX objects in your frame by accident, it breaks keyboard interactions if a gamepad is plugged in.

Also, MenuToggle is still referenced as inputCancel in the documentation.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    @Volnaiskra Don't have two ControlX objects in your frame by accident, it breaks keyboard interactions if a gamepad is plugged in.
    Good to know! But are you saying that VACCiNE2 currently has two ControlX objects in a frame somewhere? In which frame? I had a look but I can't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Also, MenuToggle is still referenced as inputCancel in the documentation.
    Thanks. I appreciate it! I'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Retrobolt View Post
    Have you or anyone else ever combined all the vol products. Like the gamepad and camera engine.
    Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly have I've only ever published stuff on the clickstore that I use myself. Basically, all the things I've released are just tools that I built for my own use in Spryke. If I'm particularly proud of the tool and think could help others, then I polish it up, add better documentation, and release it on the clickstore. It takes a fair bit of time to turn some slapdash tool I've made into a self-contained and robust thing that I'm comfortable releasing to the public - but I don't mind, because it ultimately ends up benefiting Spryke, since I end up with a better tool than I would have had otherwise.

I do my best to make the tools modular and self-contained, so they work independently of each other without stepping on each others' toes. The only caveat is that some of them should be in a particular order in relation to each other in terms of their events (I think I mention this in their documentation somewhere). Here's a screenshot of all of the volTools, in their optimal order. Basically, VACCiNE should go after volCAMERA, both should go after your main code, and volPROFILER has two groups that should be placed at the very start and very end, as indicated by the group name. (Also visible in the screenshot is my super-fantastic Productiva skin )

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Volnaiskra no, it was my fault! I was trying to debug the problem by editing, and my message was a bit more of curt changelog after so many edits, sorry about that! What I meant was, if you do like I do and accidentally have two ControlX objects in a frame, it screws things up The documentation was just slightly confusing, not a real problem tho!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious I'm about to buy VACCiNE and I have a question....the button events...can those be set to like a rapid fire more less act like a turbo button?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I modded this in to allow for numpad arrow keys:

Right:

Up:
    Left:
    Down:

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VACCiNE 2 uses two qualifiers. One ("Calculation") for all HUD elements, and one ("Radar: Neutral) for the little alert boxes. If you have the 2.5+ DLC, you can use the custom qualifier icons I've attached below. It's probably a good idea to do so, as it might help prevent you from using the same qualifiers for something else in your game down the track, forgetting that they're already used by VACCiNE.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2