User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: VACCiNE 2 - an improved universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought Vaccine 2, where I can finding a tutorial to use it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the comments in the events!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys, I bought Vaccine 2 and I'm learning to use it, however I came across two situations related to disconnection of the control and I'm not able to solve it.
    1st: If I start the game with the controller turned off and turn the controller on, it does not recognize the controller, and it is necessary to restart the frame.
    2nd: If I start the game with the controller on and the controller is turned off, the use of the keyboard does not work correctly and if I try to turn the controller on again, the system does not recognize the controller.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I was able to identify that when connecting the controller with the game already started, the Joystick 2 Object extension does not identify the DeviceName of the controller, I believe that this may be influencing the Vaccine 2 programming.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys, I bought Vaccine 2 and I'm learning to use it, however I came across two situations related to disconnection of the control and I'm not able to solve it.
    1st: If I start the game with the controller turned off and turn the controller on, it does not recognize the controller, and it is necessary to restart the frame.
    2nd: If I start the game with the controller on and the controller is turned off, the use of the keyboard does not work correctly and if I try to turn the controller on again, the system does not recognize the controller.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I was able to identify that when connecting the controller with the game already started, the Joystick 2 Object extension does not identify the DeviceName of the controller, I believe that this may be influencing the Vaccine 2 programming.
    Same issues for me.
    For the first one, not sure if it's possible to fix it, it's probably the extension itself.
    For the second, I sent a PM to @Volnaiskra months ago, but he never anwser :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Same issues for me.
    For the first one, not sure if it's possible to fix it, it's probably the extension itself.
    For the second, I sent a PM to @Volnaiskra months ago, but he never anwser :/
    I kind of managed to solve it, at least for the Xbox controls, I will try to explain below to help anyone with this problem:

- Create a variable, let's call it "Connected".
    - Event 1 Conditions: With the XBOX Gamepad extension: Gameplad of player 0 is connect + Variable "Connected = 0"
    - Event 2 Conditions: With the XBOX Gamepad extension: Negate Gameplad of player 0 is connect + Variable "Connected = 1"
    - In Event 1, place the following actions: Set variable "Connected = 1" + In the Joystick 2 Object -> Pool for new devices.
    - In Event 2, place the following actions: Set variable "Connected = 0" + In the VACimputGamepadRaw object -> Set currentJoystickID = 0
    - Now it will be necessary to put the condition "Connected = 1" in 4 Vaccine 2 events, they are:
    VACCiNE 2 - input only -> VAC input: gamepad or keyboard? -> VAC input: test for gamepad activity -> ALWAYS test for gamepad activity -> Place the condition "Connected = 1" in the 2 events of this group.
    VACCiNE 2 - input only -> VAC input: gamepad or keyboard? -> VAC input: test for gamepad activity -> OCCASIONALLY test for gamepad activity -> Place the condition "Connected = 1" on the 2 events in this group.

This will solve the problems related to the disconnection of the controller, however I believe that it will only reconnect Xbox controllers, but it is already something very positive for your project. Pass a feedback after saying if it worked and if you have any difficulties let me know that I try to help, sorry for the English, I'm from Brazil.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip!
    I'll try it, and keep you in touch.
    Don't worry for your english, as French I can't judging you :P

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't seem to work perfectly.. directionnal inputs didn't works at the beginning, I have to press buton to activate directionnal. Weird...

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone already had this bug and succed to fix it, since we can't have reponse from Volnaiskra?
    It's a real problem, I've tried to check but it doesn't work perfectly

Edit : Ok potentialy found a solution for that one :

I've added a new condition " Joystick 1 Attached" in "ALWAYS : TEst for gamepad activity" Group, second lign, that was the ligne who set Joypad to 1 everytime, even if pad are not plugged. Should be work, need to do some test.

Hope Volnaiskra will fix that soon, it could be really annoying for people to buy software with a big bug like that, and most of all, can't having response when we send PM or quote him.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone,

Sorry about my absence here. I made a decision a while ago to drastically cut down how much time I can spend answering questions about VACCiNE, volCAMERA, etc. It's not fair on you guys, but I have to do it, I'm sorry, because I just can't afford the time. I'm into my 6th year of Spryke (full time - no real income at all during that entire time, other than the income of my very, very, very, patient and longsuffering wife). Spryke has consumed a large chunk of my adult life at this point, and the end's still not in sight. And I have to juggle Spryke with taking care of two young children as well. In the end, these tools I've made like VACCiNE have cost me too much time (the many hours of making them, commenting them, and also the time spent answering PMs and questions about them) for the 1 or 2 dollars I might make per week from the Clickstore.

None of this makes it fair on you guys - you bought something and you deserve some level of support. I'm sorry, I know it's not fair on you guys, but I just have to focus on my own game. I ask for your forgiveness and understanding. Since I can no longer provide the responsive support that Clickstore customers expect and deserve, I decided that I won't make any more new products either.

Anyway, onto the bug...

I don't know how this bug managed to slip through, because I explicitly mention dealing with the situation of an unplugged controller in the comments of the VAC input: null gamepad group. So I obviously, at some stage, was testing this very issue, and presumably was satisfied that it was working ok. Maybe something changed in the way Windows handles gamepads since them (possible), or maybe I just messed up somewhere along the line (even more possible).

Anyway, @Jonathan 's solution is close to what I'd do myself. I'll send a new MFA to Clickstore, but I don't know when it'll be published. So here are the code changes that I would recommend:

Add/rearrange these events, shown in yellow. Note that the condition in #127 is negated:

Also make this change (applicable if you use the 'heavy' variant of VACCiNE). It's the same as Jonathan's change, but uses LastActiveJoystick, which should make it more compatible with different scenarios (eg. more than one gameplad plugged in at once):

And this change (the same as above, but applicable if you use the 'lean' variant of VACCiNE):

All of the above should, I believe, make your keyboard resume working correctly if a gamepad is unplugged unexpectedly.

To make an unplugged gamepad work properly after plugging it in again is a slightly different story. It requires you to use, I believe, Joystick2's poll for new devices action. Even a previously recognised gamepad doesn't seem to be picked up by Joystick 2 unless you use this action. Unfortunately, this action is very expensive, and will cause a noticeable lag of 0.5-1 seconds, so I definitely wouldn't do it during gameplay. You may, however, want to insert this action into your game's main menu screen, or pause menu, or perhaps even make a user-activated button for it. Even then, make sure it only runs once, or at infrequent intervals, not every frame. For now, here's how I've done it in my game - I've made it periodically trigger when (and only when) my game is in the pause menu (so if a gamepad is unplugged, it will be refound if the the player replugs it, hits ESC, and waits a second):

Clicker

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much Volnaiskra, and don't worry, I can totally understand you, I was in the same position few months before, so that's pretty understandable.
    Sorry for being rude about that, and thanks for your fix, seem to works perfectly

Good luck for your project!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast