User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: VACCiNE 2 - an improved universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s crazy that this thread is nearly at 1.2 million views

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I hope I'm not that late but I found a problem with Steam Big Picture. I used VaCCINE1 and it was amazing. This one too by the way. The thing is, I'm using my PS4 controller with steam big picture for playing games a lot lately and I use CF2.5 on steam. The actual but is that Steam take over any input I make in the VaCCINE2 Demo. I mean that in the runtime demo, no input is working at all if my Steam is open.

The only way I worked around it was by disabling my PS4 controller from Steam Big Picture, removing every controller instance from Steam then repluging my controller into my PC and then rerun the CF2.5 runtime.

I know that is really specific but if we, all developper, use VaCCINE2, this bug may occur for the players of our games. This but won't be "Clean" for a simple player. There might not be any fixes but I hope that there's a workaround.

//Luv frum GlitchyDust ♥

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my experience, this is not so much a CTF2.5 or a VaCCiNE issue, so much as it's a Steam issue. Any game or application outside of steam which you want to use a controller on is going to suffer from this issue. From my own attempts of looking into this issue on my projects, and having seen VaCCiNEs code, I do not believe there is anything we can do to really fix this.

But, there are some potential work around solutions. I don't have any experience with the PS4 controller, but I have found that what Steams Big Picture mode is doing is mainly mapping your controller inputs to the keyboard. This doesn't directly prevent a controller from being used outside of Steam, but can cause conflicts when a key and a button input is being registered simultaneously with a button press.

One thing you can do to stop this is to have an option in your application to disable keyboard inputs entirely. I have found this to as an alternative to going into Big Picture mode and turning off the controller settings myself. It is not the most elegant solution though, and I personally keep it on the side as a troubleshooting option people can use if they are having issues.

Alternatively, simply closing steam before running your application would also work. Your users would just have to live with not having steam open while using your application if they are having issues.

That is the best I got. If there are options in Big Picture mode to disable the keyboard emulation on controllers, that would be ideal. Otherwise this is an issue that needs to be taken up with Valve directly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's what I tought. Then I was thinking about launching a game on steam with this kind of problem. I don't know if steam would go nuts. Anyway big thanks for your time. I'll still be putting this awesome thingy into my games.

Cya!

//Luv frum GlitchyDust ♥

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    It’s crazy that this thread is nearly at 1.2 million views
    Wow, I'd never noticed that. That's really weird. Even threads with 10 times more comments have 20 times fewer views. Must be some weird bot thing. Either that, or a lot of people anxious about COVID-19 are excitedly visiting this page and getting very disappointed.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Wow, I'd never noticed that. That's really weird. Even threads with 10 times more comments have 20 times fewer views. Must be some weird bot thing. Either that, or a lot of people anxious about COVID-19 are excitedly visiting this page and getting very disappointed.
    You have actually started 2 out of the top 3 threads, nice work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They can't be real views though - the numbers are too bizarrely high compared to most other threads, and to the amount of comments. And to the 17 people and a dog who have actually purchased VACCiNE2 or volCAMERA (well, sales aren't quite that bad, but are not too far off )

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe its people thinking it's an anti-vacc thread lol

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    Maybe its people thinking it's an anti-vacc thread lol
    That actually seems likely, at the very least some COVID crawler bots hitting it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6