User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: VACCiNE 2 - an improved universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See this is the sort of thing I could probably use- with my latest game I'm getting a larger-than-usual amount of players that report they're having problems where the gamepad won't work (or won't work right away). I'm not doing anything differently than I usually do.

I really hope the next iteration of CF has more built-in joystick options.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there,

Big thank you @Volnaiskra ! I got my download since I bought VACiNE1 and I'm really happy! I will definetly test it soon! The first project was a must buy for me and it was way easyer for me to program controllers.

//Luv From GlitchyDust ♥♥♥

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,

By the way, I think it would be a good idea for us to gently apply pressure on Clickteam to look into a better native gamepad solution. The current extensions leave a lot to be desired. The XBOX gamepad extension is pretty good if your game doesn't require analog feathering, 360˚ direction, or Playstation controllers. Joystick 2 supports the most gamepads and features, but has a number of problems, beyond the various usability issues that VACCiNE tries to remedy. People have had problems with it not working properly on Steam, and JimJam ran some tests that found that it has some input lag issues as well. Also, it seems like the next generation of consoles is coming soon, and who knows how the 9-year-old Joystick 2 will handle the next generation of gamepads.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Thanks guys,

By the way, I think it would be a good idea for us to gently apply pressure on Clickteam to look into a better native gamepad solution. The current extensions leave a lot to be desired. The XBOX gamepad extension is pretty good if your game doesn't require analog feathering, 360˚ direction, or Playstation controllers. Joystick 2 supports the most gamepads and features, but has a number of problems, beyond the various usability issues that VACCiNE tries to remedy. People have had problems with it not working properly on Steam, and JimJam ran some tests that found that it has some input lag issues as well. Also, it seems like the next generation of consoles is coming soon, and who knows how the 9-year-old Joystick 2 will handle the next generation of gamepads.
    I completely agree. I'd like to see a more robust and complete controller solution for Fusion built in.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d like to see @JimJam ‘s tests run again since the objects & drivers have been updated and a lot of the issues are now redundant.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Dave.
    I use your VACCiNE 2 in my game and found one big problem.
    Hold down a button
    Why does it work so quickly so many times
    For example, NPC dialogue, press the button once, there may be several dialogues

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sking_msn View Post
    Hello, Dave.
    I use your VACCiNE 2 in my game and found one big problem.
    Hold down a button
    Why does it work so quickly so many times
    For example, NPC dialogue, press the button once, there may be several dialogues
    You probably want to add only one action when condition loops to those events. You can see it in the VACCiNE 2 demo in the menu section - look for the "single" demo:

Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    I’d like to see @JimJam ‘s tests run again since the objects & drivers have been updated and a lot of the issues are now redundant.
    Can you elaborate on this?...What's been updated and by whom?...what's redundant?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I completely agree. I'd like to see a more robust and complete controller solution for Fusion built in.
    Agree too.
    It's a shame a software like clickteam can't have a 100 % fonctional Joypad system... that's one of the most important thing in a game!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a new extension released a few weeks ago called the "SDL Joystick Object", havent had any time to check it out yet but it would be interesting to see if it could solve some issues?

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/107277-SDL-Joystick-Object-release

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems as though I made an assumption about driver updates Last Xinput update i could find was 2015

I'm sure I've seen Yves post about a couple of updates
    I downloaded the performance test MFA and re ran the tests
    Seems to run alot smoother at higher FPS the original tests were only done at 30 FPS
    Though Joystick 2 has the 8% dead zone issue, which is Approx what I'd set a dead zone to anyway since my brand new Xbox one controller rests between 0-8% it would be good if you could turn it off or modify it.
    It also looks like the joystick 2 object has a built in curve to adjust for the deadzones hence the lag behind the other extensions.
    Might be something that people should be implementing to help with feathering.
    If you wanted there should be a formula to negate this.
    Xbox object now has a deadzone check box
    Even though the other extensions have raw data there are still only 200 values (200*327) (-100 to 100) which should be enough for any 2D game. I dont think any flight simulators have been made with fusion

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast