User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: VACCiNE 2 - an improved universal gamepad and debugger engine

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    @Volnaiskra Steamworks review flagged a couple of cautions about my build, if the gamepad is unplugged during gamepad and hotplugged, the controller isn't recognized. What do you recommend doing for hotplugging gamepad situations? I could have the menu show if the gamepad is unplugged (would this be tested with Joystick extension?) but polling is expensive and can't be done on every frame. I could poll every second if the menu is up and every three or four seconds during gameplay, but I'm not sure how good this would be.
    You could always give the player the option in a menu to connect a gamepad. Once they click "connect new gamepad" start polling for X amount of time or until connected. I'm sure there are many solutions, but I always prefer to control when events like that would run, and not just have processes happening all the time, even if infrequently.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyGoose View Post
    You could always give the player the option in a menu to connect a gamepad. Once they click "connect new gamepad" start polling for X amount of time or until connected. I'm sure there are many solutions, but I always prefer to control when events like that would run, and not just have processes happening all the time, even if infrequently.
    Thanks, that's actually a really good idea. Some big games break controllers when disconnected (Costume Quest comes to mind) so I'm interested in how other are dealing with this. I agree, heavy processes (polling was giving a 70ms report in the profiller) even if infrequent aren't great to have running.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vol, what method are you using for Spryke in regards to hotplugging? AFAIK VACCiNE doesn’t have a listener for unplugged controllers that were previously plugged in?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    edit
    Vol, what method are you using for Spryke in regards to hotplugging? AFAIK VACCiNE doesn’t have a listener for unplugged controllers that were previously plugged in?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3