User Tag List

Thread: Replace color on specific instances of the same object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Replace color on specific instances of the same object

I'm working with lacewing and trying to learn the ropes of server based multiplayer at the moment. Currently all is going well, but I have hit a bit of a roadbump.
    When a peer joins the server in my game, they are assigned a unique id starting at 1 and increasing for each subsequent peer (1, 2, 3, 4, etc.)
    Using this id, I use the replace color function and replace the peer's colors.

The problem I'm having is even though I'm specifying which instance of the peer object to replace color, it either doesn't work, or it replaces the color of every peer. Is there a workaround to this problem, or should I consider making multiple peer objects with preset colors? (which would mean I need to limit the player count in a server unfortunately)

I had a bit of trouble trying to convey my point, so if something doesn't make sense then I'll try my best to elaborate.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as I know - but I'm not 100% sure on this - if you have a duplicate of an object - then anything done to the duplicate will generally affect all of them - you can't change the size etc. of just one of a duplicate.

If you have a clone - you can change just one. So possibly you would need to make the objects clones and not duplicates. In other words, each player has its own active object - give them the same qualifier and then work with the qualifiers.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can use greyscale object graphics and use the RGB tint function instead, it's not exactly the same but it allows for unique colors to be assigned to different instances of the same active object. As mentioned, the replace color function edits the graphic for that object in memory so all instances will be affected.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than the solutions above, you could do it with effects/shaders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirEatAlot View Post
    you can use greyscale object graphics and use the RGB tint function instead, it's not exactly the same but it allows for unique colors to be assigned to different instances of the same active object. As mentioned, the replace color function edits the graphic for that object in memory so all instances will be affected.
    If I greyscale the peer object and use RGB tint, is there a way to only affect certain parts of the active? There are certain colors I would like to remain consistent throughout all peer objects (skin, eye, pupil colors)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The would require separating each part into different active objects and then connecting and aligning their position and angle through events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    Other than the solutions above, you could do it with effects/shaders
    Do you think Looki's Color Replacer shader would work for what I'm trying to achieve? I tried using it but I don't exactly know how it works.