Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pausing of the Chain and Rope object

Pausing of the Chain and Rope object

In my game, I use the physical object Chain and Rope. His movement is the Physics-Static movement. On the chain attached a spikeball (Active object with the same movement). When the user presses the pause button, I raise a flag, stop animations and movements of all active objects. But I can not stop the chain. Someone was faced with a similar problem and maybe is there a solution to how to stop a given physical object on the pause.

P.S. Sorry for my english.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    I would also like to know that!? Setting the rope and chain to "stop" on the event editor also does not work, the object still moves.

I havent tried the physic objects too much but maybe the engine object has a paus feature?

You can also try to use the TimeX object that pauses the entire application for either a time or command.

this is my major issue with the physics objects, there is no pause/unpause feature

No Products Registered

is there a time dilation you can set in an action on the physics controller? if there is, you could set that to zero when paused and restore its original value when unpaused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    I tested this one a few days ago. This widget wouldn't work for Rope and Chain.
    It's not possible to pause rope movement immediately and the widget will not allow resuming movement after the pause properly(what it mostly does is changing overall velocity).
    Without Physics pause/unpause feature, the TimeX object is probably the only method to pause and resume rope Physics properly.
    Last edited by Wodjanoi; 12th October 2017 at 05:34 PM.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    The pause function in fusion works, the timex-object also works (windows only object). The thing with that technics however is, it pauses everything, thats the problem here. If you have a platformer game like the guy above and you wanna implement a pause button that pop up an option menu where the user can change settings etc for example its not possible, it also pauses the buttons and everything else. The only nice solution would be if there is an option that you can stop the physics (rope and chain) object + its animation via event editor and make you own pause feature that way, but its not possible. You can only stop the movement of the object in general not the "rope and chain animation".
    Last edited by Manuel; 12th October 2017 at 05:00 PM.

No Products Registered

what if you looped through all the objects involving the rope and chains, saved their positions, rotations and velocities, switched them to kinematic movement mode,

then on unpause, switch back to physics simulation mode, and restore the velocities and rotations etc to each component? is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by mightyenigma View Post
    what if you looped through all the objects involving the rope and chains, saved their positions, rotations and velocities, switched them to kinematic movement mode,
    then on unpause, switch back to physics simulation mode, and restore the velocities and rotations etc to each component? is that possible?
    This impossible. I can not control the elements of this chain. I can get their coordinates and angle in a "foreach element loop", but I can not set these values.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast