User Tag List

Thread: Rotate Room?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rotate Room?

I realize this may not be possible for Windows, but I figured Iíd pick some brains. [emoji3]

Iím trying to rotate a room (tiles and obstacle backdrop objects included) similar to this video at 0:12. https://youtu.be/5QA75z81wRk

Any suggestions? Iíve played around with some shaders, viewport, lens, etc. but have had no luck. I figure itís not possible but just wanted to try.

Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible, and indeed quite easy.
    Use a shader applied to the whole layer to rotate it. Set the window size in the properties panel to the frame size (this ensures that the shader can read pixels outside the current view), and then use the Window Control object to resize the window to the size you actually want it to be (+ the thickness of the window border).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Iíll try that out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried using both the Complex-Software's Rotate shader and Looki's Rotate & Sub Pixel Positioning, however it keeps trimming the edges of the layer and squashing the image. I must be doing something wrong.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shaders only work properly on square textures, which leads to "squishing" if you don't make your layer square. You shouldn't have any other issues.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's been a talk about rotating rooms in this other thread too:
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/102532-Best-way-to-rotate-the-whole-room-layout?highlight=mantar

some solution (including shaders and viewport) have been proposed, they all should work,
    but depending on needs you might want to rotate your character as well, implement "directional gravity", etc.

Both shaders and viewport need you to make the window control trick Muddymole said,
    set the "window size" in application properties to max frame size,
    and then crop back with actions
    i.e. a basic template I've been using with viewport:

in the other thread you can find some additional ideas/things to try also
    but the "actives" solution Mantar picked in the end won't (obviously ) work with backdrops unfortunately

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input! I will put this to use and see if I can make this work. I doubt it will though without backdrop object support.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I canít get it to work the way I need it to. Iíll just have to fake it and warp to an area that is already ďrotated.Ē

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not too bad workaround probably,
    maybe it's the best solution for performances if your game is already demanding and for not having to deal with the window control object
    (like handling issues when people want to resize the window)

that said, if you'd like to try still more on the other solutions,
    *maybe* with some more thiking we can make them work the way you need

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate it. [emoji4]

Since my game is pretty demanding, I think faking the rotating room would be best to ensure a broader compatibility with lower end systems.

It just stinks because I had some really neat level design ideas if I could have rotated the room without faking it. But thatís what the sequel is for. [emoji6]