Thread: Object Event resolving in unexpected order

Object Event resolving in unexpected order

Hi all. I'm having a bit of trouble with object events. I assumed the events would resolve in order from top to bottom of the workspace toolbar. But as far as I can tell, object events actually resolve in the order that the objects were created. Does anyone know if there is a way to change this order?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I'm not sure if it's what you mean or not, yet you can change the order of objects in the event editor by clicking the object and moving it with the mouse. Thus you can change the order regardless of the order they were created in

Surprisingly, this doesn't affect the order that object events resolve in. For example, say object 1 has a behavior and object 2 has a behavior. No matter how you order them, it seems the behavior for object 1 will happen first when events are being cycled through.

That said, I found an alternate solution to my problem so I'm good in that regard. But I'd still be curious to know if there is a way to reorder the way object events resolve.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Yeah sorry, it looks like your talking about order of actions within an event, your right at times it isn’t intuitive. I find that trial and error helps yet if you provide an example of your issue maybe people will be able to provide a solution. One solution to check objects by order would be to give the object an alt value and trigger the object by its alt value.

That alt value thing is what I ended up doing and it works. Thanks!

As for determining the order of object event resolution, I think you can see the order they resolve in by hitting the "import object" button in the event editor. The way that lists objects seems to be in line with the order that objects resolve their events

Glad you got it sorted