User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AVG virus scan goes crazy every time I run an executable

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AVG virus scan goes crazy every time I run an executable

At first this was just a random problem, that happened every now and then, but then it started happening every single time when I build a new .exe of a game. It's especially annoying if you have a game, and just make an update for it for Steam, and it brings in the pop-up saying that "this file may contain something bad".

I have figured that Fusion executables unpack some data files into the local hard drive while running. The path in my case is "C:\Users\Harri\AppData\Local\Temp\mrtCC32.tmp\std rt.exe"

And what I know from development experience that .exe is the one used for running Fusion executables. Do any of the other Fusion developers struggle with this issue? What's the deal, and how can I get rid of it?

Some background information: I usually have the exe compression set to Maximum, compress audio on, and include external files. And yes, I tried unchecking those and trying different things, but it still keeps happening.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compression may be a factor.

I paid for a signing certificate to avoid issues such as that. Well worth the price and effort...once I figured it all out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Steam or AVG? Where and how do you get one?

I have tried literally everything, from smaller one frame test applications to bigger games, but they all have the same issue now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHINBAXTER View Post
    Oh my god, it's clearly worse than I thought.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SirRAndom, untick "compress file" in the proprety of your application and keep the same name. AVG will scan your file just one time (10 secondes of scan, that's all). After that, it will be OK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I tried that earlier Hence the "I have tried literally everything, from smaller one frame test applications to bigger games".

The problem is not that it would actually block the executable, it's that it checks it EVERY TIME I build a new .exe of any kind with Fusion. I have had like one or two instances (out of thousands) that the virus scanner actually blocked the file, thinking that it's a trojan or virus.

EDIT: In the other thread people mentioned that extensions had an effect on this too. But I found that they had to effect. It doesn't matter if it has 10 extensions or just Fusion's own functionalities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example I compiled this project and it still opens up the scanner saying that "It might contain something bad"
    Images attachées Images attachées
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and the second time ? does it open the scan ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i test it : i made a compilation and the first time AVG scan it (10 seconds) and at the end, it said "sorry... nothing bad". The second time i start the exe, AVG did nothing and the exe ran well. So it works ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast